losing it...

sparrow

Yesterday marked 15 months since I lost my Mom. And i just lost it. You think I would be over it by now. I was at work and just started to cry. No one understands. I think I am becoming a very angry person. My co-workers who have no clue thought it would be funny to fill my purse up with female products. They think this is PMS. Their ignorant. I try so hard to let go. But it is hard. For two years I took care of her. I watch this thing destroy her. Right now my job requires me to be around the dead basically. So there is no escape. I need to work. But it is a constant reminder. I need advice on how to not be so angry and how to let this go. And how on the really bad days i can pretend long enough to get through work. I can't cry at work anymore.

Sparrow I understand what you are going through. I lost deb 2 months ago. I work with very few people 4 to be exact. My boss is a leukemia survivor so he undserstands my situation. I do the exact same thing at work in the restaurant kitchen. Was a mess at Valentines Day worked 14 hours. I probably can't give any advice. I still cry every night at bedtime and on sundays My day off and the last day of the week that I saw Deb alive was a Sunday Night. I can reccomend a website and here is the Link for the site;

http://www.beyondindigo.com/

I do so hope that this may help even if I have not been able to personally. Many prayers

15 months is not a lot of time for grieving. It takes a long time for the pain to lessen. I lost both my parents within a year and it took years for me not to tear up at the slightest thing. Give yourself a break and live through the emotion. Your coworkers are clods. Ignore them if you can. Don

I can only re-emphasize what others have said....you don't "get over it" and 15 months is a short period of time. I figure, I had my Mom for 43 years.....I will miss her for at least that long!

Be patient with yourself and just feel how you feel. Give yourself permission to grieve, to be sad, to miss her......by the same token...give yourself permission to be happy again, to have good (and even GREAT) days, and to have those days when the pain is alittle further away.

You're not alone, that's for sure.

I agree with Katie you never get over it! I think in time you just learn to live with it. I lost my day 4 mts ago and I cry every single day and I don't care what people say. When someone tell me I should try to stop crying I just tell them "DON"T TELL ME HOW TO FEEL" What really bugs me is when someone that has both there parents tell me I need to try to move on...Anyway you feel what you feel and no one can change it so if you need to cry then you cry..

Love,

Michele

Sparrow,

I know that some people think I should have "been over it" by now too, however, it is just as the other's have said, you "never do" and "never will". Just let the grief come out and the more you do that the more able you will be to carry on. Paddy