getting to know you

myrnalu

tell us about your most embarrasing moment

I think mine was when i got in the wrong car at the drivein movie,first i put my daughter in the back seat.she never told me her sister wasnt back there,i got in front and went to say something to my husband.Duh this guy has glasses on.funniest part was he never said anything.maybe he thought i was trying to pick him up and brought my daughter along

Mine was year's ago i had been out drinking and went to Church the next day. As in those day's it seem's like we were on the knee's praying longer than today.Well would'nt you know it the Church was not very large inside and it was as usual in those day's packed, i all at once felt a uncontrollable urge to pass GAS and try as hard as i might to hold it in when i arose from kneeling a very noisy unwanted noise protruded from me and i swear every person in that Church service that morning turned and stared at me including the Priest,my Wife was in shock and we were both very embarrased.........

Gee there are so many to choose from. :lol: I was at a conference with my Program Director. We were walking to the ladies room and talking, I pushed the door open and we were well into the restroom when I realized it wasn't the ladies room, but the mens room. I turned to run out and about knocked her over as she'd just followed behind me. We laughed so hard afterward about how she'd follow me anywhere...but oh man I don't know who was more embarrassed me or the men standing at the urinal. LOL

i've narrowed it down to two although I've had many..

When I was in about 4th grade I went to use the rest room in the class room. In my little school each classroom had it's own restroom. I was sitting in there singing the star spangled banner (no idea why it was that song) as loud and strong as I could. I was just singing my heart out. When I walked out I realized that all four 4th grade classes had come to my class room to watch a movie and that the walls in the rest room were very thin. My teacher was laughing so hard she was in tears. I was so mortified I wanted to just sink into the floor.

My 2nd one was attending the wrong viewing/funeral. My father was one of 18 children so my family was always going to funerals for relatives. I was just married and my new husband had never met this aging uncle but I wanted to pay my respects at his viewing. In my younger days I never "looked" at the casket etc. So when I went to my uncles funeral I kept toward the back of the room. I saw lots of people but no one I recognized... My husband went through the line viewed the body and talked to several people by the casket. People came up to me and asked how I new the deceased and I said he was my uncle. Soon people were kinda pointing at me and whispering a little. I kept looking around for my aunt or even one of my siblings... I had some snacks and mingled a little feeling very uncomfortable. Eventually the deseased wife walked over and asked who I was. I asked her who she was.. I told her my name and said that's my uncle... she about fainted. then it hit me. I said I think I'm at the wrong viewing. I looked up at the casket and it wasn't my uncle!! I scooted out of that place fast.. I felt horrible. Just what everyone wants to do. Cause a seen at a viewing... I wonder if she thought I crashed the place just for the snacks??

I am a stutterer but fortunately I have it under control.

One time I put a message on my company voice mail about a problem with one of our accounts. I just could not stop stuttering, it was horrible. So instead of deleting it and starting over I click the wrong number and it was sent to everyone. :shock:

That was maybe 17 years ago and I still cringe when I think about it.

Maryanne :wink:

One night many years ago I was out drinking with friends after work and got rather drunk. When it was time to leave, I put on my jacket which was hung over the back of my chair. I kept insisting to my friend that somebody had stolen my jacket as this one did not fit properly. She just said well at least you have a jacket, so just wear that one.

We got outside and had a long walk to the train station. All the way I was still insisting some thief had stolen my jacket as this one had this enormous collar and definitely wasnt mine. I know I was loud in my protests, I guess the vodka had that effect.

Anyway it was a Friday night and the city was full of shoppers. There I am walking in the midst of them carrying on about my jacket getting stolen. My friend was no help at all, too drunk to care I think.

Then it dawned on me!!!! I had the stupid jacket on upside down!!! LOL!!! The collar was around my waist, the bottom of the jacket was making a lovely HUGE collar!!!!

I must have received some lovely looks and comments, eg, look at that idiot over there!!!

Luckily I was too drunk to even remember if anybody had even noticed.

I've enjoyed reading these stories......thought I'd jump in.

I'll share just the latest.

I was at the library recently with my daughter, Kaitlin. Shortly after we got there, the librarian was going around asking everyone if they drove a white camaro. I don't (It's a Chrysler) so I just said no and went on about my way. About 20 minutes went by and I heard the same woman calling out my name. Apparently, the library had to call the police to run the plates on my car. It was in the middle of the parking lot blocking traffic. It had rolled out of the spot and no one could get by. I'm still sticking to the story that it was the car being knocked out of gear and NOT me forgetting to put it in park.

Needless to say, I could have really used a bag to put over my head before I jumped in my car to put it BACK in the right spot. I did pull the emergency brake so I could be sure it would be in the exact spot when I returned.

Mine would have to be when I saw a friend that I hadn't seen since she became pregnant. I knew it should have been time for her to have had the baby, so I said..."When are you going to have that baby?"

She replied...."I did...two months ago."

I don't think I will ever forget how embarrassed I was at that moment.