Good thoughts needed

Geri

Today I need to ask for positive thoughts, prayer or whatever you have to share.

My husband had a positive prostate biopsy last week and today he and I are going to meet with the urologist and radiation oncologist to hear what course of tx they are recommending for him.

On Thursday we go to get a second opinion and then will try to match up the answers and decide what actions will be taken.

Needless to say this has been a very long weekend as we hosted a birthday celebration for our daughter and her husband (both turned 30). His family came for the weekend too and we had a wonderful time but it was difficult to keep this news quiet, we just couldn't bring ourselves to put a damper on the festivities.

Think of us this evening as we tell our daughter on the phone about this dx.

Thanks for all your support, I now get to return the favor to my DH and take care of him - the upside of that being I can cook!!

Geri

Oh Geri, this stinks, you are just enjoying your good news and whamo. The good news is that prostate cancer is so very curable. I know many many long term survivors.

Of course, you both will be in my prayers. Pleaes let us know what happens with the appts.

Well darnitall, Geri :( . This bad news is a tough pill to take. Your wonderful DH will be in our prayers and hearts until GOOD news tells us all is well. My own DH has his own prostate troubles as well. His urologist has been dragging his feet as to a biopsy. We have done the antibiotics and ultrasound. He SAYS all is moving in the right direction. Now I am not so certain that is the correct action. How about we talk???? Got my #, I hope.

Sorry you guys have to deal again!

Love,

Kasey

Geri, I have plenty of positive thoughts and prayers for your sweet DH.

This just sucks, with all the good news you've had recently it was time for you both to get to lay back and relax for a bit, not this.

Well I pray and am asking God to bring a swift and decisive treatment and cure for your hubby.

Sending you both lots of love and well wishes

Geri,

I'm so sorry to this news about your husband.

I really hope that your doctor appointment will bring good news and you'll get this knocked out before it ever knew what hit it!!!!

Good luck with the phone call to your daughter tonight too.

I'll be thinking of you.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

One down, one to go.

Today's drs said that surgery was the only way to go (his Gleason score was too high) the radiation onc - who did my radiation and I trust him - agreed that it wasn't a first line option so we'll see if Thursday's experts agree.

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.

It's strange how things work really.........we don't have to worry about me any more so now we can focus all our energies on this. As much as we are at sixes and sevens at the moment we also realise that if he had to get cancer this is the one to have, much better curative results than most.

Next installment later in the week.

Geri

Geri, I did not see this post until you came back to report. I am glad you realize that prostate cancer is nothing like LC. I am a 10-year prostate cancer survivor, I had radiation for both bouts with it. What was your husband's Gleason? Mine was 3 + 3 = 6. What was his stage? Mine was 2B. Also, what is his PSA? Mine was 6 initially. Your husband has a good chance of moving on with his life after treatment. Don

Hello, Geri.

Just saw this post.

Sounds like you are gleaning more and more information. You will have a good idea about what the two of you will be in for soon.

Good wishes going to you, Richard, and the kids.

Crossing fingers that Richard will have the cure that you are looking for.

Cindi o'h

Prostate should be a lot easier. DEbs Brother is a 10+ year survivor. Fell over theside of his boat 1 day and went to see the Dr. next day and that is how he found out he had it. Cancer Free Today with surgery. Sending Prayers for recovery.