My mom finally.....

jessicahsmom

Hello everyone, my mom finally got her lung biopsy yesterday. They were able to get 4 biopsies from her airways. The couldn't really get down to the mass, seems part of the mass has pushed through the the lung and out in her airways. After her breathing test Tuesday the doctor said she would not be a candidate for surgery. The mass is in both lobes of her right lung and would require full removal of the lung. The doctor was also concerned with her vocal chords being swollen, she is thinking it might be from all of moms coughing. Her left lung looked clear and she said that was very good. I have to call her Monday afternoon for the results of the biopsy. She will then have mom go in for a PET scan. We are praying that the cancer has originated from the lung and no where else and the PET scan comes back ok. I will keep you updated and thanks for all the help. Jessica

As a member of a family where my dad was dx with sclc I empathize with your feelings, fears, and anticipation. Rest assured there are many here who pray, give advice, and share wonderful stories of hope. I will keep you in my prayers.

As a member of a family where my dad was dx with sclc I empathize with your feelings, fears, and anticipation. Rest assured there are many here who pray, give advice, and share wonderful stories of hope. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thanks for your prayers and I send my prayers to you and your family also. She started chemo Tuesday so we are feeling better knowing they aren't wasting anymore time....Jess

Hello Jessica,

I am so sorry for your moms diagnosis. I know how scarey this all is. We have walked in your shoes and all that uncertainty really takes a toll.

I am sending prayers to your mom and hoping they positive results. There is lots of treaments out there and they will find one that can work for her.

Keep a positive attitude and know that we are always here for you.

Keep us posted on her results. Fingers crossed here.

Maryanne :wink: