Finally a Dx

Kasey

This is actually an update on the thread started in Sprituality Forum................but thought this is where it belonged.

First of all, thanks again for SO many good thoughts and wishes and prayers. Also I appreciate the PM's which I have relayed to Tracy. I am not sure she is at the point yet to seek out more information, but when she is, I know you guys will be there for her.

The dx is.......adenocarcinoma/BAC, Stage 3A, T1-N2-M0......at least so far. She will have a brain MRI this coming week :? . She has met with her pulmonologist, thoracic surgeon, and medical oncologist so far. But up in the air is if she should have chemo and radiation OR just surgery. Seems there is a question concerning a lymph node in the middle of her chest which showed up inconsistently between the PET and biopsy :x . All are in agreement that the entire right lung should be removed. She appears to be in very capable medical hands who have referred her to one of the leading experts in this field. She meets with him this week as well. At that point the final decision will be made.

I have told her of you one lungers who are doing well :) . She is fearful of 24/7 O2 :cry: . You and I know............not the end of the world, BUT when running around 3 kids ages 4 - 12...............well, you can see her concern. This just has to be a very difficult concept to accept being a life long non-smoker, you know? She is fit and healthy. She worries about her exercise program. She worries about quite a lot right now, and so do I :? .

I have been educating myself about this adeno/BAC, and she has another friend doing it also. We will convey the positive to her. Anything any of you could contribute would also be appreciated. Along with Tracy, I need some positive info to help get us all through this.

Tracy lives in RI, so I feel so far away..........can only communicate by phone, BUT perhaps will be going to visit to offer what suppport I can.

Sorry I have gone on so long. I just so appreciate all of you guys being there to just hear me. Thank you so much. And as always, I send my love and gratitude to you all.

Kasey

PS: This is how upset I am.............BROTHER lives in RI..............niece is in MA. Geesh :roll::roll:

I am sorry to hear the diagnosis. I had the very same diagnosis. I cannot tell you how scared I was. I am now free of cancer. It sounds like she has wonderful doctors. Please tell her to try and be positive in her thinking. It truly does help.

Prayers

Kasey: it sounds like your neice is in good hands. I hope she gets the sure cure. It may take a while, but eventually she will be as acctve as most people in their every day life. I have just one lung and can walk a mile in 15 minutes making my short little legs go as fast as they can, while not breaking into a run.

Don M

Kasey,

I'm so sorry to hear this diagnosis, but things sound promising. If she can have the surgery and get rid of it, that would be wonderful. I'm not sure why she thinks she will be on oxygen 24/7. Actually, Mike lived 4 years after having a lung removed before he had to be on oxygen and the oxygen was not due to the fact he had one lung, it was due to pneumonitis. The need for oxygen was due to other complications at the time. I'm praying for a cure for her. Will be looking for updates.

Love,

Sue

Kasey,

Her staging is the same as mine was. Make sure they are very very VERY aggressive with her on this. She needs to go the extra 800 miles on this one. GO for the gusto! Don't leave any stone unturned. She needs surgery and chemo and radiation. She has nothing to lose and a better chance of beating this by doing it all.

Holler if I can be of any help to you or to her.

Bugger it Kasey!!!

Your niece has age on her side and more than anything 3 kids to live for. I have no doubt that is why I am still here almost 12 months after they said I wouldn't be.

I wish her all the best and hope the treatment plan kills off this *&%$ of a disease.

Hugs,

Sharon

Thats not what we wanted to hear. So sorry for her diagnosis. Now we have to get her in treatment and find something that will work of her.

She must be so scared and I can tell you are also. But at least she has you to help her through this.

Anything we can do to help, we are here.

Prayers sent to her,

Maryanne

Oh Kasey, sending you & your family good wishes and prayers for the very best. Sounds like your neice is in good hands and very lucky that you are her aunt and helping her out more than you know. I hope she is able to think positively along with everyone else around her sending positive & HOPEful vibes to her. I think probably her children will be able to cope better than expected. Children are really very awesome! When I was healing from my surgery and having chemo, I kept my granddaughter just as much as I could. Even at 2 yrs old, she was so helpful and understanding. It was absolutely amazing. So tell your neice, that it's going to be hard, but everything will work out and be okay, somehow.

Take Care, Patty

Kasey ~

I am so sorry to hear about your niece. That must be such difficult news to accept, especially in light of her background... :( I know that my biggest worries are for my kids, and how it would effect their lives. On the other hand...there is NO greater motivation for FULL RECOVERY than those little ones. I pray that she will have just that. From my studies, I agree with Barb - BAC has a tendency for laziness, even when it manifests as adeno w/ BAC features. I've heard it generally slows progression down.

I noticed your profile was updated to show NED (again) as of your last check! :D:D:D I am SO grateful for that! Your battle, and courage will serve your niece well through her own. And I'm sure that your continued victories will inspire, and give her hope! How very lucky she is to have you - someone who knows EXACTLY what she is going through, and can offer knowledge, and support.

I am sending my positively BEST vibes to your whole family. May God give you peace, hope, strength, and courage to get through all of this.

(((((Kasey, Tracy, Fred, and family)))))

~ Stacey