Nutrition and being proactive

jmdme

Hi everyone. My mom has stage 4 lung cancer an I am writing on her behalf.

I am new to the board and this is only my second post.

I have two quick questions and would appreciate any insight offered.

Is there a specific diet recommended for cancer patients? I have the book on what you should eat if you have cancer, but I am wondering if any of that has changed or if anyone on here has individual experience with what works best.

Other than recieve emotional support is there anything my mom can do to help her endure the chemo?

Thanks so much for your help and I wish you all well.

-John

availabilityme@yahoo.com

Not sure about the diet question, John. I know some here do adhere to some regimen.......even following the guidelines in the book you have, but I have no first hand knowledge of it.

As to what can be done during chemo.........TRY to eat a good and balanced diet, drink PLENTY of fluids.....water, gatorade, get plenty of rest, and exercise if possible......walking is great! If appetite decreases there are those supplement type drinks like Ensure and Boost.

Everyone reacts differetnly, so maybe you want to come back when you see how your Mom is doing once she gets started.

We are all rooting for her AND you, John.

Kasey