thinking about Shellie, Rosanne, Shannon,Cathy

LindaMRG

Dear Linda,

Thank you for thinking about me. Its very hard for me to post right now, because I really feel as though I am not a part of lcsc anymore. It breaks my heart over and over when I have to read of everyones struggle with this horrifying disease. I Know I cant offer any support because I hold some anger right now. For me its just too painful. My dad was soo brave even at the end. I struggle everyday as to why it has to be. Why did my precious dad and soo many others have to go through this. If I think too much I go crazy. The boards bring back too many memories right now that I cant deal with. Its nice to know you are thinking of me. Thank you for remembering and caring it really means a lot. I think I need to move on, maybe I can find a wonderful message board for grieving. I will probably check in to see how everyone is doing because I will never forget all the wonderful people here who have helped me through the most devasting time of my life. God Bless all of You. I am praying they find a cure.

Thank you Linda for asking about me. Today Dave Grant called me. It was nice to think that people remember you even when you have been "absent without leave" for a while!

I don't have much excuse for not posting except to say I've been so busy I just don't get on the computer as much as I did.

My kids keep me busy - inviting me over, coming over - asking me to babysit (That never changes! LOL).

I still have my parents who need my attention and care as well...the term sandwich generation should be "vise" generation...sometimes you just feel squeezed!

I have done some traveling and expect to do a little more. I have many wonderful friends who make sure I'm doing things! Last weekend my daughter, granddaughter and I went shopping for school clothes at the Mall of America. Stayed at the Comfort Inn, took Shelby swimming and had a great meal at the Outback. Great "girl bonding" time!

I resigned my job (a long story) but suffice it to say it is a relief not to have to go back to that job. For those of you who didn't read my post in the grieving category...they were going to close the office. They told me that on Thursday and the following Tuesday they said they weren't closing it because my co-worker complained to the president of the company and....well....let's just say the president believes our office was mismanaged and the president gave the office to another entire region for management! It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Too much change - too little structure - way too much time to think...so I quit! LOL

I'm not going back to work for at least another month. God is and has been so good to me. When I go back to work I want a job with normal hours, normal people, normal business plans!

I've been trying to catch up on rest, housecleaning, yard work, etc. It seemed like when Mike got sick everything else got put on hold. Once I get everything "back in order" - I'll be more ready to tackle a new job.

I'm really doing quite well. Much better than I thought I would. But then again....I've had 18 months of grieving....regardless of those that thought I was in "denial" because I refused to give up the fight for Mikey.

I don't know what else to say except that "God's grace is sufficient". I find that I just don't have the desire to spend a lot of time on the computer these days. Maybe I need a newer and faster computer!

But I will drop in now and again....I want to express my condolences to those who have lost loved ones. And to those that are fighting the battle again or for the first time....NEVER EVER give up! Live EVERY day to the fullest and remember how precious life really is.

I thank God for every day of the 35 years I knew and loved Mike. It's hard to grieve while you are being grateful. And I'm so grateful I had the love of Mike. And every time I look into the gorgeous brown eyes of my two children and my three grandchildren I know I have a little bit of Mike with me every day yet! Every one of them has something like him, his eyes, his coloring, his looks, his personality....they are his legacy.

Love and hugs,

Dear Sweet Shannon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you are doing. I think about you often.

Im glad you are having special time with your children and grandchildren. Thats how my children are with my mother. Thats a special bond.

I did read about your job situation in your other post. It sounds like it was meant to be and at the risk of sounding "cliche" something better for you is probably right around the corner. A job that recognizes your special qualities and all you have to offer.

Im glad to read that you have such a great support system. You must be a great mother, because what goes around comes around, you were always great to them, and now you have them when you need them so much.

When you get time, just drop in and let us know what you've been up to!

Much love coming your way.

Linda thanks for thinking of me. I'm doing ok and have been really busy with family and friends.

I also have a hard time coming to this site. I do check in from time to time, but am having a hard time writing.

I'll look in once in a while and write again when I'm ready.

Thanks to everyone on this site. I really needed your support.

Rosanne

Dear Rosanne,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how youre doing. Im glad you have a good network of support through your family and friends. You may not be around as much but you are certainly not forgotten, so check in when you feel ready. Youre thought about often.