Jim has gone to Heaven

My wonderful Jim passed away on March 24 after 4 days in ICU battling aspiration pneumonia. I bless the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's hospital in Boston for caring for him with compassion and dedication and being so good with his family. We were able to be with him 24/7 and three of us were holding his hands at the last moments. The nurse reassured us that he could hear us and he knew we were with him, so we had time to tell him how much he was loved. In the weeks before he died, when people were asking what they could "do" we asked them to write him "love letters" sharing memories of how much they cared about him and how he had impacted their lives. We read them to him those last days and then shared those stories with others at the visiting hours and services. It was a tribute to his life. His humor and selflessness and his courage through this battle inspired everyone. I will miss my hero and best friend forever. Sandy

SO SORRY to hear this news. I know that this will be hard Been there personally. God will give you the strenght and we will give you the support and Prayers. Cherish the memories.

I am very sorry about the passing of your wonderful husband! May you have peace knowing that Jim's physical battle is over, and he is now resting comfortably and without pain in heaven!

May peace and love sustain you and your family during this very difficult time.

Sandy,

So very sorry and saddened to hear of your loss. What a long journey you and Jim have been on together. I pray that our Lord gives you strength and comfort to continue on your life journey until you and Jim can be together again in paradise.

Bless you,

Welthy

So very sorry Sandy, my heart goes out to you. How wonderful that you and all the family could be there with your husband when he passed. I am sure he knew how well you loved him.

I thought the idea of the "love letters" was a wonderful one. So often people don't know how to express themselves at sad times like these and often end up just not saying anything.

I wish you and your family peace and comfort.

Paddy

Please accept my deepest symphathy on the passing of Jim. He was such a corageous gentleman.

I am glad he went peaceful with you buy his side.

Sending prayers to you for strengh to get through this.

I am so sorry...

Maryanne