New, Looking for Prayer and As Always, Hope

ztweb

My dad was diagnosed with SCLC, Superior Vena Cava Syndrome, and it appears to be in the limited stage. He started Chemo, and quite frankly, he is scared to death of it. Every day he wakes, thinking that the chemo is lurking, ready to make him ill. I look here for ways to give him hope, strength, and a positive outlook, because at this point, he feels great! :D

For starters try the good news forum! These are our success stories and can be inspirational. Welcome aboard and ask away. We can answer or find an answer for you on almost anything. This is a tremendously compassionate and knowledgeable group we have here.

My husband has gone through the same kind of fear at each step of the way in his treatment. Seems like you can give them the facts til the cows come home, but until they get into the actual treatment, the fear level remains high. Just keep giving him support, love, nutrition and plenty of fluids! That's the best we, as caregivers, can do.

Welcome! I was very afraid of chemo also. It turned out to not be so bad for me. They give you medicication so that you do not get sick of the stomach and pain medication for the flu like pain you may have for 2-3 days afterwards. It is not fun, but it is doable. I will keep your father and you in my prayers.

Prayers

Sorry to hear all that is going on with you dad. I feel as he continues treatment he will get more comfortable with it. It is doable and there are drugs out there that can help with anxiety, pain, neaseau and low blood counts.

Just keep a smile and a positive attitude around him. He will come around.

We are here for you 24/7

Maryanne