Getting well pass!!

shineladysue

Hello all,

I haven't been able to be here like I would like to because I am trying to take care of some health problems that developed while I was caring for Mike. Sometimes it is so hard for caregivers to take the time they need to care for themselves. Anyhow, I threw myself at the mercy of an internist this week and she has me on the road to discovery and recovery... Started with blood work and mammogram today. Yesterday, I had a problem looked into that has become quite severe. I have Lymphedema with ulcers and infection in my legs. Consequently, I have my legs bandaged from feet to knees with all kinds of dressings under. I'm on antibiotics. He also did some cultures. My orders are to stay off my feet unless I am walking. I can't sit or stand for any length of time, so my computer time is cut to zilch..... 1 hr max he says.. Anyhow, am able to do more reading than posting, but am still here and still praying for you all. Will come when I can , but that is the reason for my few posts.

Love and Prayers to all,

Sue

Allllllright, Sue!!!

I am soooo proud of you and the courage you have mustered to get your little self taken care of!! I bet your sisters were behind you...

Get well soon and try to do like the doctor says unless he's/she's a quack, then go find another one.

Have that son of yours rig up a keyboard from the couched position; how about that?

love,

Cindi o'h

(((Sue))),

I am so glad you have taken this opportunity to FINALLY take care of YOURSELF!!!! I am sorry there have been some glitches......lymphedema!!! I will look that one up! DO listen to the docs and be a good girl. Hopefully the REST will do you some good as well.

I am thinking of you, Sue. Be well SOON, ya hear!

Love,

Kasey

Hi Sue

I was wondering how you are doing. So glad you posted here.

I am so glad that you are taking the time to take care of Sue. You are important and I would not want anything to happen to you.

Get well soon and I hope you heal fast. Stay off those feet, baby yourself. You deserve that.

Thinking of you,

Maryanne :wink:

Please do take care of yourself. You are so right it is hard to find the time to take care of your own needs when you are taking care of a loved one. It is your time now to give yourself the care and attention that you need. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a very healthy recovery.

Prayers

Sue,

You finally have some time to take care of yourself so you MUST do that. Don't you worry about posting. We know you'll be back when you are able to do so. In the meantime, put your feet up or whatever you need to do to get well. I will keep you in my prayers.

gail p-m

• 3 weeks later...