Help! I'm like an obsessed lunatic....

Guest Sally

I'm sorry to keep posting endless questions but, as the title suggests, I'm getting pretty obsessed with everything about lung cancer.

They say "knowledge is power" but I think that "knowledge can help you cope".

I'm going through a real rollercoaster :D:cry::twisted::o:(:shock: these days. My baby brother was diagnosed with an adenocarcinoma in May. I'm beyond heartbroken. I have days when I KNOW he'll be the one to beat it - and other days where all I can do is cry.

He's getting on with his life after the chemo. He has such a great attitude, but I think that's down to ignorance more than being positive.

Right now, I'm obsessing about his "stage"? The information I have found on the internet is contradictory, so I wanted to ask you, the experts.

Cancer is in the right lung, spread to the outer glands and diaphragm. Is this II or III. I know this sounds trivial but I NEED to know.

Slightly Bonkers from Worrying!

Sally

So, so sorry that your brother is going through this -- it truly is a family disease -- affects everyone in it's path.....

As far as the staging, you can drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out -- or you can ask his doctor! Has anyone in your family directly asked that question of him/her? They are usually pretty forthecoming with that information.