Sign in to follow this  
KatieB

*UPDATE 8/28- Daddy is in the hospital

I am so sorry to see that your dad is in the hospital BUT it sounds like he needs to be there! You all keep hanging on. We are all praying for you to get home soon!! And that his jello legs stop wigggggling. :)

Katie - you go - if a temper tantrum is what it takes, then a temper tantrum is what you do. Dave will "sic" me on nurses, doctors, receptionists, to get stuff done. And I, without worrying about pride, will do what I have to do to get someone's attention.

I'm sorry Jessee has to stay so long in the hospital and hopefully there's nothing weird in his blood. I pray he gets strong fast and get to come home soon.

God Bless,

Karen C.

Katie,

Praying for a speedy recovery for your dad. He is a fighter and will be home in no time. Sounds like you have a really good onc now and knows what to do to get him back on the road to getting well. It is hard but hang in there and keep the faith. Before you know it, dad will be stronger and on his way back home....... Prayers for you and your family.

God Bless and praying for the "CURE" for all of us

Karen

Dx'd 3-03 NSC 3-a

Radiation - taxol/carbo

Guest kjdenver

What a fight, what inspiration! Both of you!! You have so much to share, even today. Sending you good thoughts for the reserves of strength you have yet to find. Don't gear down now. Do like David and switch gears UP!!

Dear Katie;

You, Jessee and the family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Make sure ya give that big sponge Rick a ((((hug)))). Hang in there and be well.

God bless you and the family

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Katie

The absolute best medicine your daddy has right now is YOU!

I haven't been on the computer for a couple of days and was surprised to see this post about your dad being in the hospital. I really hate this for your dad but I also hate it for you and Rick.

I wish so much that I could be there to help and let you vent. Since I can't, know that I'm praying and thinking of all of you.

God Bless

Sue M

Katie, once again I am so sorry that your dad his having such a difficult time. I would be interested in the condition that the doctor was refering to where the cancer infultrates the blood...I know that anemia is common, from cancer and the chemo-we have had experience with that.

I hope that they can get your dads strength up again-it would probably help to ease his mind a bit-and yours. Like you said, keeping him in the hospital isn't the best news, but it is the best way to build him up again, and to get to the bottom of why he is so weak in the first place. The weird thing is, when I went with my Dad to the onc. last friday, he mentioned that if Daddy needed radiation, they would have to stop chemo to do it. I know that people DO get chemo/radiation at the same time. I wonder if it is due to his weakened state? I didn't ask, because I didn't want to frighten my dad. I figure that the radiation isn't necessary, yet, so I would wait a bit.

I hope that you can, somehow, feel all of us with you during this time. If we could we'd all squeeze into your dads hospital room and be there with you all. But we are with you in spirit. We are here. Please try to take care of yourself, Katie. Praying hard for your Dad, and you and Rick and your Mom and son.

Deb

So far, no news on why he is so weak. All tests are coming back ok. MRI, Bone Scan, Blood testing, etc... His blood pressure has been extremely high. Counld it be that dads body just couldn't handle both treatments...the malnutrition, the dehydration, everything taking its toll? Dad's body just had enough?

I've only been able to speak to the doctor once. Hopefully I will be able to speak with him again today and find out something more. They seem perplexed too as dad doesn't seem any better, even after 2 days of IV's. Still extremely weak and the meds keep him sleeping most of the days.

A few months ago, Don talked about Lucie's radiation, and then he mentioned her doing physical therapy. A few weeks ago, after Dad began the radiation and the weekness started...I mentioned physical therapy too. Told my parents that he needed this, that I would try to get his Dr. to agree....well, I never did get anyone to agree..and you know what they did yesterday in the hospital?....Physical Therapy. :roll:

He is still eating like a bird...doesn't talk very much and seems "spacey" and I think this is all because of the meds.

I don't have any answers to this, I have the nerve to take him home if they can't do anything for him....he could just as easily "lay around" at home while we give him his meds and try to get him to eat.... I Know, I Know- the IV and 24 hr. care are a better place for him to be.

Will all these doctors and hospital care, we are still in limbo

Katie,

So sorry I am late in offering my prayers to you and your dear dad. I haven't been able to be on the computer for a few days and am just catching up.

Again focus on the clear lungs situation and all the tests coming back with good news. Your dad has been through so much and radiation takes all the energy out of anyone.

I know it is awful to see him in the hospital. You are such a strong advocate for his care that I know he will be on the mend soon.

Blessings to all of you,

Peg

Dad isn't talking (or can't talk) and seems "out there" still today. I told him I loved him...nothing...looked him in the face and held his face and said even louder...I love you....and he finally said it back in a soft quiet whisper.

I don't understand how he can be this way if all the tests are OK. His body is betraying him...

Katie-My prayers have always been with you and your family.

Lord be with Katie and her dad at this time, give him the strenghth physically to be able to sit up and walk. He has a loving family that still needs him. We ask this in the name of your Son-who died and rose again for the forgiveness of our sins. Amen

Katie,

Sorry for the late reply; we've been virtually living at the hospice with mom. I am sorry to hear your dad is in the hospital. Wish I could do more than pray for you, your dad, your family, but I guess that will have to do for now. You are absolutely the best medicine for him and keep the temper tantrums coming. I've had two or three in the last week myself, and mom's oncologist has also had a couple (at the nurses, for example).

Hopefully to make you smile: I used to manage construction projects and was called the "blonde b---h from hell" by a subcontractor who wasn't performing. And I certainly survived being called that...so don't worry about appearing to be less than nice. Sometimes, that's what it takes. And remember what the "B" word stands for: Boys, I'm Taking Charge Here! So if people think you're being a b---h, don't worry about it. If your behavior is coming from love for your dady, I guarantee that it means you're doing the right thing.

Take care,

Terre