Dad still declining.....

NancyT

Its been a very difficult, sad week. My Dad is doing very poorly, may transfer to Hospice House tommorrow....needing 24 hr care now. Just praying I am making the right decisions, he is very confused now, weak, its so very heartbreaking. Needing prayers

NancyT

As a caregiver for my husband I also worried about the right decision and when to make that decision. It was a very difficult period. I hope you are not being criticized for your decision. At this point in time your decision is the one that needs to be made. You are there for him and that is so important. Talk to him, comfort him, tell him how much you love him, remember the special trips you took with him. I being the main caregiver and working it I was so stressful at times it was hard to just sit and be with my husband. Having hospice will help let them help you. I will be thinking of you and your Dad. It is such a difficult time for both of you.

So sorry to hear that you are having to go through this. Take comfort that you are, and will continue to, make the right decisions for your dad even when you swear you just want to second-guess everything you're doing. Hospice support will help alot.

All of us will be here to help and support you anytime you need us.

Hugs and prayers for you and your dad,

Linda

Nancy,

I'm sorry your having a difficult time, its so hard to watch the man that took care of us in such a help-less way. My heart just broke watching the man(my dad)that I thought so much of so scared I don't think I ever forget it. Take care! I know its hard and it stinks.. ((((hugs)))

:cry::cry:

I wish I had just one more day with my Dad so cherish every second!

Michele

I'm thinking of you and your dad...I hope that hospice will help in all the many different ways it can and that he will be comfortable, and comforted. Cherish the time you have with him--I know you will, however difficult it may be.

You can count on us all for support!

Ellen