Spontanious pneumo thorax history

Gina D.

Anyone else here had one in the past UNRELATED to thier cancer?

I had one about 10 years ago, the docs didn't know why, other than I fit the description, for the most part, for who these things happen to. Thin, somewhat athletic, and I was in the latter part of the age range these things happen in. I am not tall, nor am I male, tho that is a typical pattern for this. I was a heavy smoker tho. I had a chest tube for a week and was stuck to the aquarium in the hospital. Was sent home with no other treatment or follow ups. I did quit smoking for over a year. Yeah, Im a dope, I took it up again.

One of the things they told me was that the collapse increased my chances of developing lung cancer at the damaged area. This is the same lung that I had my lobectomy on.

I realize there is no way to say for sure, but I am curious how much that incident might have contributed to my DX at this time. My docs don't think it did, and they say I am too old for it to happen again.

Anyone else have an odd incident like that in thier lives?