New York bound

Jyoung20

I have some very exciting news. The pharmaceutical that makes the cancer drug that I am currently taking (Tarceva) is sending my hubby and I to New York to interview with various journalists from different women's magazines. The press conference will be held at the Waldorf. We will be staying at The "W" right across the road. Basically, all I have to do is tell my story!! I am so excited because this is a great opportunity to promote awareness with lung cancer. We have a friend that can get us tickets to a broadway show. We may do that. I have never been to New York but I have always wanted to go. If any of you have ever been, give me some sight seeing suggestions.

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

WOW !!!! :D and fun to boot!

I stayed in New York once in Time Square. We went to Radio City Music Hall, saw a live show and a movie. Ate at some great restaurants. Keep us posted!

Donna G

Empire state building, St pattricks Cathedral and Ground Zero in same area, statue of Liberty is Awesome and inspiring. Radio City Music Hall Broadway could go on and on. Congrats on the interview gig. Make us proud and I know you will be great. This is awesome Baby as Dick Vitalle wouldd say!!!! :D:D:D8)

Oh Jamie I am so thrilled for you. This is so wonderful. We have several regular posters that live in New York City so I am sure they will have some ideas (maybe you can all do lunch somewhere). Here is my suggestion from the one time I was there--never drive!! They're nuts. Have a great time-- I know you will make us all proud and do well.

Rochelle

A big congratulatons to you Jamie 8) !!!!! You are making such a difference for all of us. Thank you so much. When is this momentous occasion taking place??? If you are getting together for lunch with some of the group, MAYBE I can convince dear Fred to take a drive into the city! That would be awesome! Let us know when and hope you have a marvelous time!

Love,

Kasey

Wow, Jamie. An all expenses paid trip and raising awareness of lung cancer at the same time!!! Way to go-- I am from NY but have been gone many years. When I do go back, I head for my family on L.I. and seldom go into the City. However, the couple of things that do come to me that I don't think have been mentioned are the Museum of Natural History and Central Park.

You go and enjoy, girl!

gail p-m

Hi Jamie,

Another New Yorker here. When are you coming in? I'd love to get our New Yorkers together for a lunch or even brunch.

There is so much to do here. Must see Times Square. Should take a horse & buggy ride around central park. There are many site seeing buses depending how much time you have here that will enable you to do & see a lot more. Fifth Avenue is fabulous!

I can also recommend great restaurants. Let me know what kind of food you like. Trendy, romantic, etc.

You will definitely have a great time.

Joan

Feel free to pm me if you'd like

here I am!! please let me know if you want to get together. my mom is on tarceva, too, so I am glad they're raising awareness on it. :) listen, I would love to make recommendations - let me know what you have in mind.

I giggled at Randy's post - from a NYer point of view, the Empire State Bldg, St. Patrick's and Ground Zero are each in TOTALLY different parts of the city (I love St. Patrick's, esp.) ...but I guess, technically, they are not THAT far apart. it just shows you how different things can look to a native versus a visitor.

my office overlooks Times Square. I can meet you pretty much anywhere for lunch, or whatever, if you're up for it!

do let me know the details.

xoxo

The trip is in 2 weeks. We leave Memphis on April 26th and return the 29th. I would absolutely love to have lunch with everyone. The 28th would probably be the best day. Where would ya'll like to meet and when? You pick and choose.

Also, my hubby and I love Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Greek, steaks, ribs, fish but not Indian --we are not too picky. We really, really, really like Italian.

Hope to see all of you soon!!

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

You will be right near my office! I'm sure you will be busy, but just in case, here's my cell phone no. - XXX-XXX-XXXX.

This is a great opportunity to help with lung cancer awareness.

Enjoy New York!!!

I know of a really good Family Style Italian Restaurant on 55th & 2nd Avenue. Not the same as going to Times Square of Little Italy as far as scenery goes, but it's a really good, moderately priced Restaurant - called Angelo's Restaurant Pizzeria.

Also, Chinatown is a lot of fun with great, inexpensive restaurants.