All Path Reports Finally In - Good News

TomR4th

- It looks as if they got everything as the lymph nodes, etc.are clear..

- Dr. said results were great but that further treatment is needed as this was a stage 4 cancer..

- I am afraid to smile because of the many posts I've read here that truly indicate how insideous this disease can be..

-They said that there are many new treatment options & any comments, thoughts, experiences would be greatly appreciated..

GOD BLESS YOU!!

Tom

I don't have any treatment options or experiences to share with you but, I will be the first to say congratulations on the great news and.....don't be afraid to:

:D:D:D SMILE AWAY (NICE BIG GRIN) :D:D:D

You've been through a lot and good news is worth celebrating!!!!!

Linda

- I am afraid to smile because of the many posts I've read here that truly indicate how insideous this disease can be..

Tom,

Always celebrate good news when you receive it. Believe me, you will always be looking over your shoulder, but DANCE when you feel the urge to dance. If you prefer to dance quietly so as not to awake Fate, that's cool, too.

Congratulations!

Becky

Hi Tom.

Congrats on the clear lymph nodes. I am not understanding something, though. What is it about your lc that makes you stage IV? The size or number of tumors? Or is there spread to distances?

Lots of stories of long term survival here and beyond, Tom. Keep reading. We have our tragedies, yes, but we also continue to have our long term late stage survival stories. There is hope....no matter what!

Cindi o'h

Thanks for your question..I was surprised when the doctor mentioned that this was stage 4..Although the conversation went quickly.. I think because there are two very similiar masses..he feels that one came from the other..We are still very preliminary in treatment & I'm trying to get to know as much as possible about this condition..God Bless..

Tom

So glad to hear the good news about the lymph nodes. Sounds like the doctor is being very cautious about diagnosis and treatment. As everyone else has said, what you need to do now is focus on recuperating from surgery and gathering your strength so you can go on and fight whatever errant cells might be lurking there, reading to fire up and attempt another takeover.

My husband was staged IIIA after the post-lobectomy pathology report showed one affected mediastinum lymph node. He went on to have chemo (only four treatments) that summer, then radiation in the fall and, so far, touch wood, cross fingers/eyes/whatever, has had cancer-free checkups ever since. He had an easy time with the chemo, thanks to the drugs they give that keep the side effects at bay. At the end of the radiation, he had the typical fatigue and sore throat associated with it, and it took him a long time to bounce back from that, but he did and is doing fine now.

We're very glad we went ahead with both chemo and radiation. As you say, this disease is insidious and you never quite know what lies ahead but every good checkup is a victory of sorts.

Ellen

I am so glad you had clear nodes. i will keep you in our prayers for curative treatment options and want to encourage you to listen to Miss Cindy. Even though there are lots of sad stories....there are just as many surviors. WE are all fighters here.

Keep us posted, ok?

Much love,

Eppie