Needing prayers

NancyT

Everyday I wonder how my Dad will make it through the next and pray to keep him comfortable and resting. Yesterday most of the family came and he was alert and happy to see everyone. Today he hardly spoke, sleeps all day. I am overwhelmed and want so much to help him, but I just sit and hold his hand.......its all I can do. I miss talking to him, sometimes I just sit and carry on the conversation by myself. The hospice nurses tell me it could be days....maybe not. Please pray for him,he is the most wonderful man....this is just so very horrible....my kids are both struggling with losing their grandpa...I am trying to help them. So very sad....I can hardly stand it

NancyT

You are doing everything you can do right now. Only God knows the whole plan for us. Remember yesterday, Cherish today, and Pray for tomorrow. Sending prayers for the whole family.

Dear Nancy,

Sit with Dad. Hold his hand. Have conversations with him. Pray for him. These are the things you can do..........and they are good. It is heartbreaking to watch ones we love suffer from this evil disease. We are rendered helpless in its path. However, I am offering my prayer that Dad will remain comfortable and feel your loving presence with him.

I am praying for Dad, but also for strength for you, Nancy. You are doing an awesome job.

Kasey

I am sorry Nancy, this is so sad. I am sending prayers to him and also to you for strength.

I pray he is comfortable and pain free, that is so important.

I am glad that he was alert enough to enjoy his company. But now you just have to sit with him and talk to him about all those memories you have of your times together.

Peace be with you Nancy,

Maryanne

Prayers for not only your Dad but yourself and your entire family.

As many others have pointed out and is so hard to remember at times like this... the little things matter a lot! Continue to hold his hand, talk to him and just spend time with him. I'm sure it means the world to him even though he may not be able to tell you so!

Wishing you peace during this very difficult time,

Cindy

((((NANCY))))

I am so saddened to hear this about your dear dad. I can only imagine how hard this is for you. But please know that although it doesn't feel like you are doing much, just holding his hand and talking to him right now is his whole world. I am sure he can hear you even if he can't respond, and I know he is aware of you holding his hand. That must bring him a lot of comfort just knowing you are there and that you love him so.

I am praying for you both Nancy. I pray that God bring him peace, comfort, and ease of transition from this world into the warm welcome of heaven. I am praying hard for you and your family to have the strength and God's comfort as you go through this painful time.

Nancy -

I left you a voicemail as well...prayers for strength for all of you. My mom acted very similarly at the end...hold your dad's hand, let him know you love him and that you understand what a stuggle this has all been. You will get through this. I am here for you...call me whenever.

Holly

This is a very diffcult time. Towards the end I got into bed with Ed and held his hand stroked his arm. It seemed to calm him. Hold your Dad's hand,rub his forearm, stroke his face, but the most important thing in my opinon is talk to him. He may not be able to reply, but he is listening. Tell him what you thought was the most memorable experience you had with your Dad. Your wedding or when he saw his grandchildren. May you have strength in the days and hours ahead.

Adela