Getting to know you - April 18

Ann

I think when I decided to leave my parents home when I turned 18. It was not like I was moving down the street, but leaving Houston Tx and moving back to california all by myself. My prarents were transfered to Texas just before the start of my Sr. year in High school. as I was only months from my 18th birthday I requested to stay behind in California. my parents said no and when I turned 18 I packed up and left. It was a good decision, but still the toughest one I have made as I love my family very much.

I'd have to say the decision to move to VT is very high on the list.

Every move has been a wrench - none as much as the move from England but I was young and that was an adventure - and as I get older the moves are harder........I know all the pitfalls by heart now!

Geri

There are two big decisions that come to my mind.

In 1983, my mom became very ill. She did a very good job of concealing the extent of her illness from her friends and family. On December 15, 1983, she became violently ill and was taken to the emergency room. After being examined, I learned the extent of her illness and learned there was nothing that could be done. I had to make the call whether to put her on any type of life support, should her heart fail. I know what her answer would have been, so I said absolutely not. Such a hard decision to make about someone you love as much as I loved my mom.

Next, I had to make the decision whether to move to Florida from my beloved hills of Tennessee. Dennis had agreed to be away from his family and live in Tennessee to be near my family. Now that my mom was gone and my dad living with us, I decided to be fair and move close to his family in Florida. I was so homesick and cried every day for at least a month. Now, I consider Florida home and would have a hard time leaving here.

Te decision to go to graduate school after being away from the university for 4 years and away from my major, chemistry. After undergraduate school, I served two years in the Army, lost both my parents, started a job and then married. I had to find the finances to understake such a task, and our first child was born just as I started graduate school. I had to seek out a fellowship and also borrow money. It was a hard road, but well worth it. Don

That is an easy answer for the hardest decision I ever made. It was getting a divorce after so many years and moving back home away from my children and grandchildren. Finding Johnny again and being with him for the last months of his life proved how right my decision was.

" I do" :) Just kidding I loved it. Really was Joining the Military so far Been blessed with good Luck for parents so far.