does anyone else think every pain is cancer?( new update!!!!

shelliemacs

:lol::lol: Brightened mine, too, Sue... :lol::lol: But I'm with you...OUCH! :lol:

Your family sounds whacked...much like mine...but laughter really IS the BEST medicine.

As for me...I need a really big boat...like an aircraft carrier...Ya see, I've had this pain in MY big toe, Wendo, and you know what they say about multiple nodules? (metastatic disease...a primary in my TOE???...EEEK!!!) Just kidding...(kinda)

Geeesh...I'm glad we're all "normal" :wink:

BIG TOE - - OUCH ! but I do understand the scare that comes with EVERY twinge/ pain any of that stuff.. that's why my kids started the shoulder cancer joke ...I would wonder ?? is this something ?? of course at that time it was nothing/ for some reason this time they made no jokes and made no remarks/ I think they knew as well as I did. and you've so right - laughter is an essential part of our recovery. I'm happy to announce my ONCOLOGIST HAS THE SAME WARPED SENCE OF HUMOR !!! and I love it !!

Of coure he's young enough to be one of my kids too. I keep checking to be sure he's not related !!

thanks

sue

Ok, I'm the oddball here. No! I don't think everything is cancer. I sure do know I could get cancer, but I don't think every ache and pain could be cancer. If I did, and with as many aches and pains as I have, I would be in the doctor's office every day and would have to have every inch of my body scanned twice a week. LOL!

I did wonder a month or so ago, though. I had a very bad pain in my left armpit, but there was no swelling or anything I could feel. It was really hard to get to sleep at night it hurt so bad. I slept with a heating pad tucked in my armpit :roll: which really didn't help much, and took a lot of ibuprofen, which did help. After 3 weeks, I finally went to the doctor. It was a little better by then, but I decided I'd better get it checked anyway. He said it was right over a rib and he thought I had a cracked rib! :roll: It's more better now!

Love and hugs to all you paranoid people!

Peggy

ok, just so you can all day "dang it shelly" I want you all to now get the Love Boat theme in your heads, go on I will wait........

now change up the lyrics some how and make it your own song and see how far our elevators really don't go to the top floor.

here is what I can remember to start us off of the real song.

Love, exciting and new

Come aboard, were expecting you

Love, lifes sweetest reward

Let it flow, it floats back to you

Love Boat soon will be making another run

The Love Boat promises something for everyone

Set a course for adventure

Your mind on a new romance

Love wont hurt anymore

Its an open smile on a friendly shore

Yes love...

Its love...

Love Boat soon will be making another run

The Love Boat promises something for everyone

Your mind on a new romance

Love wont hurt anymore

Its an open smile on a friendly shore

Its love...

Its love...

Its love...

Its the Love Boat

Its the Love Boat

let the games begin.......

Dang it all Shelly.........I could use a few stronger words about that blasted theme song.

I knew what you'd written and knew that I would be stuck with it in my head all day BUT, I was drawn in and HAD to read it!

Now I'm sitting here with it echoing through my head....thanks a lot, I watched only enough of the shows to know I didn't want to watch any more and now I'm off and running for the day with that song to keep me company.

Not enough that I have to worry about the "tumor" on my rib I now have to picture all the love boat crew!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off now for something exciting and new.

Geri

You all are a hoot! I love it! No wonder I am addicted to these boards! My husband doesn't get it...but the itch I have been having in my armpit for the last few months, along with the probable athletes foot between my toes makes me certain I have skin cancer....explain this one to me!

I will think of lyrics later, I am late, but I had to share this story. I was talking to a partner at work about my neurosis b/c he was saying his daugther who is 28 is giong for a mamogram since the aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer.

He said I would enjoy this story about cancer paranoia: His college roommate went to medical schoool, learned about testicular cancer, so was sure to do his checks.

He felt pain once and thought it was all over, went to the professor, described everything in detail and got worried b/c the professor was looking at him so intently. The professor said "stop playing with yourself so much and you won't have pain".

I particulary found it funny b/c i was scared before my mamogram and I kept poking and got self inflicted bruises :)

The

I never appreciated how wonderfully nuts we all are until this thread! I am just rolling on the floor with laughter writing this, but that nuttiness is taking on a real perfume now with the subtle scent of ACV (apple cider vinegar) seeping out of my pores and in my hair, thanks to another one of Shelly's threads ....now humming the Love Boat theme .... :shock: better give me my own deck at this rate :shock: .

LOL,

Linda

New lyrics:

Fear, scary and new

Come aboard, we welcome you

Fear, life’s scariest moments

Let it go, it comes back to you

Neurotic Boat will be making another run

The Neurotic Boat promises friendship for everyone

Set a course for some laughs

Your mind on every ailment

Fear will always be there

It’s a journey with friends like you

Yes fear

It’s scary

The Neurotic Boat promises fun for everyone

Your mind on every ailment

Fear will always be there

It’s a journey with friends like you

It’s scary…

It’s scary…

It’s scary…

It’s the Neurotic Boat

It’s the Neurotic Boat

With all the family history you have of cancer, I would think that your fear is rational. I think paranoia is an unreasonable fear.

I, on the other hand, rarely worry about getting cancer. And, I have had it 3 times now. I did worry about my swollen knuckle for a while and I worried when I was coughing up blood for a while. But those events turned out to be nothing.

Maybe I should start worrying. It would be more normal.

Don M

Don M

Well, I don't usually think of cancer first, but I must admit I do alot of worrying about my health. I have so many new aches and pains since my December fiasco and now my hair is falling out and that has me really upset. I bring these issues up when I go to the GP and he really sort of pushes them off, which I don't like. I'm so spoiled by all the attention I get from my oncologist - I guess my expectations for the GP are just too high. Although, I will bring these subjects up again on Tuesday.

Worry is a natural response to what we've all been through. Oh, and I'd like a deck chair, but with an umbrella to protect me from the birds that will c--p on me as they fly by!!!! :wink:

Andrea - awesome! I didn't know you were a songwriter, too!

Joanie ((()))

Joanie--Not that this will make you feel better about your hair, but wanted to let you know that I have had episodes of excess hair shedding. As you can tell from my picture I have a lot of hair, so luckily it was not a problem. I saw a dr for it each time and was told that it was stress induced. The first time it was a 3-month delayed reaction to losing my Mama Bessie (grandmother); the second time it was law school stres; the most recent was my mom.

I hate being like this. Today I have my post-nasal drip cough; I heard some wheezing sound when I laughed and am like could that be bad and was looking up to see if post-nasal drip/allergies could cause it :)

Well Andrea, thanks a lot!

I hummed that blasted love boat tune most of the day and had not realised that the noise in my head had stopped until I came and checked the boards and read your new lyrics.

Now I'm on my way to bed and humming that tune again..........do you think I'll wake my husband up or is this really just in my head.

I think I've just found us a new signature tune ~ Oh,I think I'm going out of my mind (over you, but we'll leave that bit out).

Good night all.

Geri

I gotta say Andrea.

You have won our first annual "Mrs. Neurotic USA award". Your reigning title will last 1 full year and you get a crown and septor and a fancy sash with your title on it in glitter. Your rewards are one full year of intensive therapy with a a twice removed nephew on his wife's side of the one and only Dr. Sigmund Freud PLUS!, a team of 127 doctors following you around to dx every twinge.

Here she isssss Mrs Neurotic USAAAAAA

Isn't she paranoid, doesn't she shake with fearrrrr. She'd be lovely if she wasn't such a neurotic messsss but there she isssssss a therapists Dreammmmmm

applause applause

wow I have truly lost it now too.

Shelly, I was a bit paranoid right after my dad's death, I always thought cancer is just terrible and it can happen to anybody at anytime without symptom. Even now I am very health-conscious and my dad's death does really affect my living and my food intake, go get body check periodically etc. I think cancer is really horrible as it just like eating me, the fear dominates my mind. I wonder if I am over-alert.

Shelly in your case and from your past experience, it's totally understandable. I just hope time will lessen all our worries....and being control our own minds to enjoy every moments that we are living..pray for all of us..

Shellie,

I worry myself sick about every pain my children have. Of course, I truly believe it is NUTS not to check it out. My advice???? GET A NEW DOCTOR.

(By the way, I am a med mal attorney and have seen too many docs call too many people loopy when there have been physical complaints)