Mike is with the Lord now

lindy

It was a rough night but he died with peace on his lovely face. Both his daughters were with me at the time, we prayed and hugged and kissed him. No more pain now for my love. Today I just want to be alone, I know I can't sleep but I'll take something tonight to help.

Thank you for your prayers and kind words, you have all been such a big help to me. It's hard to believe it's only been 2 and a half months since dx.

Thank you all,

love,

linda

Oh, Linda,

I was thinking of you all last night and came here to post that my prayers were with you again this AM, but didn't expect to see this. I am so very sorry. So sorry that you didn't have more time. Sorry that Mike had such a hard time after diagnosis. It has been a very hard road for him. You're right, he is not suffering anymore, and this is what is most important. It was time for it to just be over, he had endured so much. Seeing your post about him holding his head and crying was just too much. I just lost my mom ten weeks ago but I can say with conviction that I am glad she did not suffer immensely. Seeing what Mike went through in just the weeks since diangosis was unbearable to watch, for ME, and I can only imagine what it was like for you. I saw what my mom went through when my dad was diagnosed with LC in 1999, he did not do well with treatment and had a lot of pain. This disease is a beast--nothing more, nothing less. I do hope you continue to visit the boards in the future. Take the time you need to grieve, and don't forget about the grieving board here on LCSC. It's going to be hard, but knowing Mike is not in pain anymore will give you comfort, if only small at this time.

Peace to you,

Linda, I am so very sorry for your loss. I know you are thankful that you and your family were there with Mike. Although our hearts break when we lose them, we are also comforted by knowing the pain and suffering is over and cancer can do nothing more to these lovely souls. Please try and get some rest. I know you are exhausted. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.

Linda:

What I was going to write is so similar to Erin's -- I too went looking for your update this morning, but I happened upon you in here and didn't expect that.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family in your loss. May peace and comfort carry you through this difficult time.

Linda

Oh ((((Linda)))),

Sosrry, sorry, sorry :cry: . May our many prayers help sustain you as you navigate through this phase of the journey. There are so many wonderful memories you have, may they bring you comfort as well. Please accept my sincere sympathy.

Kasey

Sending Prayers From under our Carolina Blue sky today. I am so sorry to hear about Mike. Relieved that it was peaceful and not traumatic as I like to say. So wonderful that he was surrounded by the ones he loved the most at his time. Condolences and Prayers for inner strength.