Lucie Update 04/21

Don Wood

Well, the PET scan shows essentially that the Alimta did not work for Lucie. The liver tumor is still the same and there a multiple new bone tumors. Noe of these are causing her any pain or trouble at this time. The onc called this evening, so it will be Monday before we can schedule an appointment with him to go over the particulars and see where we go from here. He said there was a new chemo just out but Lucie didn't catch the name. He wants to try that next. I will let you all know what it is next week.

We are trying to go see our grandson graduate from high school May 20th, so the onc is trying to work around that, and let Lucie feel up to the trip. He was going to suspend chemo until after then if the PET scan had been more encouraging, so we will see what he recommends next week.

Lucie is in good spirits and taking it as it comes. Me, too. Thanks for all your prayers, thoughts, caring and support. Don

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Don, this is terrible. Alimta hasn't been very succesful with quite a bit of us from here. I am glad that Lucys spirit is up and you too. Take care you guys. And God Bless. Please let us know what is next plan of attack with this beast, okey?

Love,

Thomas & Malou

Don/Lucie--I'm very sorry to hear that. So glad the onc has a game plan for Lucie. I admire and respect the way the both of you always handle things in a positive, constructive way. Lucie is certainly a person to look up to when one is battling lung cancer. You certainly do justice to the meaning caregiver. My thought and prayers are with the both of you for nothing but the best. Rich

I just love you both, and am glad you can keep your spirits up.

I'm praying that this trick might just work, and I am thankful that she isn't in pain. What a lucky young man, to have such amazing grandparents watching him graduate in May!

Lots of prayers for the both of you, who have been such an inspiration to so many of us!

:) Kelly

Don,

I always look so forward to what you have written for others, and I hope that I can do so the same for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lucie as you go through this bumpy journey called life. May God watch you and keep you, and please, Don, know you are such a model of love for so many out there.

Stay strong!

God Bless,

Jen

Thanks For the Update and so sorry about the news of Alimta. Praying for better results next round I know how hard this is and am glad spirits are up for both of you!

Don and Lucie,

Sorry the Alimta did not do go.

But already there is a plan for Lucie,

keep us posted about it.

Thankful that the pain is still under

control.

Your strength and faith will carry

you to a better treatment.

Congratulations for your grandson graduation

and hope you will be both there.

Prayers for next week.

Jackie

(((Don and Lucie))),

I was so hoping Alimta was going to be the magic potion for Lucie. I am sorry and disappointed. How the two of you pick yourselves up each time, dust yourselves off, and head off with your new plan is nothing short of amazing! I wish you two could run a little workshop here to help those of us needing some help with positivity.............there would be standing room only!

May there be a good plan lined up and may it be kind to Lucie. I love you two! Hope God is good and holds you close!

Love,

Kasey

Don and Lucie:

This wasn't the news I was hoping to hear, but glad that the onc. has an alternative already in mind. As I think someone else said, your grandson is so lucky to have two such special grandparents attending his graduation. Keep us posted.

I also agree on what a great example you are, Don, on the meaning of a caregiver -- have so appreciated your suggestions to me and others. Your "calm" is something to be modelled after, for certain.

Hugs and prayers,

Linda

Don and Lucie,

Sure wish the update was better news for you, it is good to know that your onc has another plan, although that doesnt suprise me, your doctors are always looking for other options for sweet Lucie..

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers..XO

Don and Lucie,

This is not the news that any of us hoped to hear , but I know the two of will make the best of the situation. I have always admired you for your ability to always look forward, not back. This time will be no different , I am sure. God Bless you both. You have my prayers.

Love,

Sue