I lost my father on 04/09/06

chale

I never thought I would be writing about my father. Mom has been diagnosed for about 2 months and recieving treatment. We got a shock on 03/30/2006, Dad went in for a MRI on his lungs because he had cold that wouldnt quit. The next day Dad was in the ER because the fluid build up in his body was making it very difficult to breathe. That is when we learned that he had lung cancer. The next day the did a barage of tests and found out that the cancer had spred to his liver (hense the fluid build up) and his colon. There was nothing left to do. 11 days from the diagnosis Dad lost his fight. Dad was 52 years old. We had a small wake and funeral for him here in Nebraska with full military honors. I was doing really good untill they played Taps, God I hate that song it is so darn mornfull. We then took Dad home to Mass and intured him with his parents. He is no longer hurting but we are. Mom is trying real hard but the chemo is starting to weaken her and she could barely stand at the funeral. Luckly my brother was able to hold her up, literaly. I just never expected to bury him so soon. He left be hind a loving wife of 33 years, 2 brothers, 2 children, 35 nieces and nefews. He was my best friend and my Daddy. No matter how old I get he will always be my Daddy. I miss you. Yesterday would have been his 53rd birthday. Thank you to everyone here for your support and caring through this horrible time. Dad is better now, the ones he left behind are hurting. I take comfort in the fact that one day I will see him again.

Daddy I love you and miss you terribly, watch over me and keep me safe.

Christine

So sorry for the loss of your daddy. I know what you are going through, I just lost my daddy, too. I had a lot more time to "prepare" than you did, so I can't imagine how hard and shocking this was for you (not that you are EVER prepared). And to have to go through this while your mom is going through treatment is awful. I am so very sorry for the hard times you are going through. If you ever need to talk or vent, feel free to send me a PM. Prayers to you and your family.

Hi Christine,

My deepest condolences goes out to you and your family. I am really sorry you are missing your "daddy" so much. But he is only a breath away and will look over you.

I know how it feels to lose a daddy and Iam so thankful my dad got to see his grandchild grow up.

You pain must be immense as he was much, much too young. My heart breaks for you. This is so new right now. It will become easier for you as time goes on. Keep those wonderful memories alive in your heart and there he will live one forever.

I miss my dad so much too. :cry:

Peace be with you,

Maryanne

Christine:

I am so sorry for your loss, he was so young. I know the hurt of seemingly losing being "daddy's little girl." Know that he is fully well now and that he is still watching over you and protecting you.

Please accept my sincere condolences at your loss. My prayers are with you at this most difficult time and my support will always continue for you and your mom...

Just know that I also lost my dad suddenly (within 8 weeks of cancer dx) and have my mom ill with LC and in treatment currently -- you are not alone in your struggles. It isn't easy, to be certain.

Hugs,

Linda

Christine,

My goodness, I am so very, very sorry. Your circumstances certainly makes the phrase "when it rains it pours" not seem so cliche, that is for sure. You can take comfort that your father celebrated a wonderful birthday in heaven.

I can tell you, honey, I do understand. I lost my stepdad to NSCLC in 1999 and didn't think there could be anything worse than seeing him die to lung cancer. Then my mom was diagnosed in 2004. She passed away 10 weeks ago. I really am LOST without her. LC is a cruel beast. And the sad part is that it doesn't care that you hate it.

I pray with everything in me that your mom has the strength to fight this horrible disease. Please let us know how she, and you, are doing in the weeks to come. Thinking of you and your mom, and please accept my sincere condolences.

All of your thoughts and prayers mean so much to me. This is a very difficult time right now but we are trying to get back to normal, is there such a thing? Dad's passing was hard because there was no time to say all the things that I always wanted to say to him but I still can talk to him.

Mom is a real tropper, she has a treatment today. She is trying so hard.

I know I am not alone and that is a good feeling. Thank you to everyone here for your support and understanding.

Christine

Wow is the only word I can come up with for how twisted your world is right now.

I am so unbelieveably sorry for what your going through.

I too lost my mom and dad to LC 9 months apart. We didn't even know dad had it when mom died but three months later he was dx'd and 6 months after that I lost him too.

Your on auto pilot right now and NOW is when you need to ask for help. Friends, Family who ever and maybe even something from your doctor to help your nerves.

Nothing will ever be able to fill the void of a mom or a dad. Carry him in your heart and talk to him and about him with others often it will keep him here and alive with you.

Christine,

Please accept my sincerest condolences on the loss of your daddy. This is all so sudden and I'm sure your poor body and mind are in shock. But you seem to have a great attitude about the situation and great faith. That will help you in this journey. It helps knowing that he is not pain free, and that the only hurt that exists is with us and is temporary until we meet our loved ones again in the grace and beauty of heaven.

Be kind to yourself and your mom. Take time to grieve, cry, and scream, but also take time to remember to wonderful moments and be grateful for the gift God gave you in the awesome and loving father you were blessed with.

I will be praying for you and your family to have strength in these difficult times. I pray also that your mom receive God's healing miracle.