New to this and afraid...

He seemed a little more alert today. Last night they told me he pulled his IV out again and pulled the catheter, so they restrained him and he still was today. :( He did get incoherent later on today and was pulling at everything and said, well mouthed "they are trying to kill me" and he wants to go home. They are giving him Ativan when needed.

He aspirated, so he hasn't had anything by mouth other than the thickened cranberry stuff today. He choked with a straw but did better with a spoon. They are afraid to put a feeding tube in for fear he will def. pull it out.

Tonight they moved him from ICU to a regular floor, clinical decision floor? Im upset over this, as he gets watched more in ICU, but I can't make them keep him there. His heart and bp seem a lot better, and tonight we were able to make out a little of what he was saying. He wanted diet coke and water, which he cant have. They only have one restraint on him now, so im praying he doesnt hurt himself tonight. They think he may have pneumonia and are giving him antibiotics and will do a chest xray tomorrow..they did put in a pic line today. I just hope he gets better mentally and stops the pulling, etc.