Mom is in the arms of the angels

Suzie Q

My sweet mother, Barbara Hansknecht, left this earth for her heavenly home on Monday, April 24, 2006, at about 4:30 am. She was surrounded by love, and passed peacefully with family beside her.

She lived just over 2 years from diagnosis of stage IV NSCLC, and while nearly all of that time was spent with chemo ongoing, she nevertheless was active and felt pretty good most of the time. Only in the last 2 weeks did she decline (and rapidly); take heart that stage IV disease diagnosis can STILL leave you with good time to spend!

Will post obit link later.

~Karen

aka "Suzie Q", my mom's nickname for me

Oh dear, Karen,

What a time of it you have had, sweet girl! Please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your wonderful Mother. My prayers will continue for your strength at this time. May you have family and friends around you and may they, and memories of Mother......and Dad as well..........bring you some comfort.

I will be thinking of you,

Kasey

What a blessing that your mom had a couple of years to enjoy and the family could enjoy it with her. Some good memories for all. will be keeping you Karen and the rest of your family in our thoughts and prayers. may God's peace and comfort enfold each of you. pammie

Suzie, my heart breaks for you. My deepest of sympathies goes out to you and your family. You mom faught for so long she was a very courgeaous woman.

Peace be with you. We are here for you.

Maryanne :cry: