It does Work

Don

Yesterday I had my 6 month review with my onc and am getting ready for June scans. He seemed very pleased and really made my wife and I happy. After 3 1/2 years of fighting SCLC he informed us yesterday that I am cured. That with SCLC if it doesnt reoccure within 2 years of clean scans they now consider you cured. What great news. To celebrate I went to Gainesville Tx and bought 7 buffalo that I will be training my horses on. I feel so good now but I know 5 years will be even greater and so on after that. My testing now is once a year after the scans in June.

I want to thank all on this board that whether they were talking to me or someone else it help to keep my spirits up and continue the fight. It is a battle that can be won. Remember in the beginning I was given less than 1 percent chance of making 2 months. My wife was tolded several times that I might not live till morning. I am very grateful that my doctors were honest about things which gave me something to fight for. Most import was the time I spent in thought with our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him I received the strength to fight each day and fight through those long long nights when everyone is asleep and your laying there wondering when and if the morning will ever come. I know the battle and being scared and always wondering if this would be my last holiday, would I ever see my friends again or break horses again. The answeres are yes I will.

Now I am going to say something that I hope will help everyone. Go make peace with the Lord. Believe that he died for your sins and that he always knows best for you. Now the easy part, if you believe and put all you trust in the Lord tomorrow if you wake up here in your bed remember to love all those around you and if you dont wake up in your own bed then you are in heaven and your gonna attend the biggest family reunion that you have ever been too. Now let the pain and worry of cancer go away and trust in the Lord.

With God all things are possible. But, you must believe without question or hesitation. We will all meet in heaven.

Love all of you and God Bless.

Don

after reading all the obits from this week I am so glad to hear a bit o good news around here. congrats to you and everyone around you and glad you are doing great.

Excellent news Don. I am so happy for you and family. :D:D:D

And Thank you for the encouragement to hold fast in our faith. Barb

15 As for man, his days are like grass,

he flourishes like a flower of the field;

16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,

and its place remembers it no more.

Psalms 103.

Thank God for the results.

I agree, only He can make that decision as to when we will leave and go home. NOT a disease.

My prayer thru this ordeal has been thru me someone else will come to know that Jesus is the way and I am glad you are doing the same.

Love Cindy

Thank you all for the kind words. If I can ever help anyone that reads my messages please pm me and leave your phone number or ask for mine. I can help when it comes to meds and knowing how they react and some of the treatments as to how long it takes for your body to reach certain stages. Most of all I am here for the patients when you cant sleep at night or your afraid of something. I believe I am here to help other SCLC patients or help with people trying to quit smoking. I wont lie to you and I will be somewhat blunt about certain things but deep down its something you need to know.

My wife Letty talks with caregivers all the time about things she went through, meds, foods and things in general.

Please feel free to contact us anytime.

God Bless

Don