Dad is gone...

Lovemypresley

Dad passed away around 6am this morning in his sleep at the hospital. I just spent 2 hours with him...god this so so hard. I am in shock. The dr. came in and he's in shock. He was doing better, and he thinks it was a blood clot to the lung....I can't believe he was only diagnosed 7 weeks ago. damn this cancer hell.

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear this. Glad your dad passed peacefully in his sleep though and family was near. Wishing you peace and comfort at this most difficult time and hoping you will stay with us, at least for a bit, to decompress and process what you have just been through -- when you're ready.

Linda

Deb, I am so devastated I can't see straight. I know you ar enew here and were seeking advice Am glad you were with your dad when this happened and it was peaceful. He is in a better place and some day we will hav ethe greatest reunuionaround. If you want to post anything to help get over this we are always here for support and to listen You have my deepest sympathies and most heartfelt prayers at this difficult time.

Thanks everyone..

I'm sorry I misled you. I was not with him when he passed this morning. They called and I went up after he was gone and spent a couple of hours with him...

..and yes, I wish they had done the surgery first. His dr. said in hindsight, they should have....this was just so so fast and I never said goodbye. His drs. office called me today and she said she was showing everyone his picture (she took it at his first appt. a few wks ago) and no one could believe this, as he looked so healthy. She said now it could have been a little piece of the tumor that broke off and caused an embolism..it's all speculation though..however, I wish I knew but we are not doing an autopsy to find out. I just have so many whatifs...I know that's not healthy. I'm having such a hard time...I suppose I will move down to the grief forum now. Thanks again and good luck to everyone.