A Hard Few Days in this Forum

Just going through here and seeing all the family members/caregivers who have lost their loved ones this week is so heartwrenching. Please know that my heart goes out to each one of you. I'm so very sorry.

For those other caregivers who are reading--keep the faith and hold onto hope. Losses are discouraging, but keep believing that miracles can be yours.

My love and support to everyone,

Val

Val is right. Hold on to hope and the possibility of miracles! They do exist and do happen. Read Don's latest post about his miracle. Keep fighting the good fight. My fighting continues for research funding for early detection methods, new treatments, and a cure.

Thanks for the encouragement Val -- I think the right link is up for Don's post too: saw Don's post earlier this am and that was about the only thing that's been keeping me going today. Lots of loss and lots of hard daily struggles going on lately too.

There is always hope and that we should never forget, for sure.

Big hugs to all,

Linda

I lost my mom this week, but I want to emphasise that she did have 2 very GOOD years post-diagnosis. While we all wish it had been longer, it was time well spent. Maybe it willl give hope to others to know that treatment can still work even if it doesn't cure.

Despite the losses, I know that my Jim far exceeded the statistical odds that we were given when he was first diagnosed, and his positive attitude and fighting spirit helped us to go through it together with humor and love... and this group was tremendously helpful and supportive in terms of giving us advice on questions to ask and reassurance about side effects, etc. Knowing the possibilities of what we might expect was important in preparing both of us for what was ahead. I think all of us who join this group have had to recognize the reality that lung cancer is highly unlikely to be "curable" so the best we ever thought we could hope for was to extend the time he had as much as possible, and to make every minute as positive as possible. I know that Jim and I did that. At his service, my daughter said that we said "I love you" every day and MEANT it, and what a wonderful gift that was for each of us to know we were loved, and that our marriage encouraged her to believe that true love really does exist. Afterward some of my colleagues told me I should write a book entitled "Say I Love You Every Day" -- So, hug your partners and keep letting them know how much you love them... just do the best you can in this challenging journey! Sandy

hello

I an a bit scared of tempting fate but Barry is now 2 years post diagnoses. The first onocologist really recommended pallative care. Well as yet he is still very fit and able and if it were not for the worry we would be leading completely normal lives.

Jennie