May 17th- LiveStrong Day !

KatieB

On LIVESTRONG Day - Wednesday, May 17 - 100 selected advocates will travel to Washington, D.C., to meet face-to-face with our nation's leaders and ask them to do more in the fight against cancer.

They will encourage the House to complete and pass their version of the FY2007 budget resolution and raise awareness of the survivorship issues for people affected by cancer.

Additionally, more than 1,000 organizers and participants across the country will celebrate LIVESTRONG Day by distributing LIVESTRONG wristbands, writing letters to the editor, conducting their own events or simply wearing yellow.

It would be nice to have advocates there representing lung cancer awareness, lung cancer research and lack of funding issues.

Write your letters and GO to this rally if you or someone you know is in the area!

Lance Says to LiveSTRONG

Katie Says to be LOUD.

:wink:

Every time I read an Obituary here I send an email copy of Lung Cancer alliances proposal to my TReps One of whom is Richard Burr and The other Is Elizabeth Dole. EVERY TIME!!!!!