2 years and counting....

elnodel

It's over two years now, from Len's diagnosis and surgery and, kunahora/touch wood/cross eyes and spit three times, he's holding his own. Only complaint (well, not ONLY but only REAL complaint)is the residual nerve pain from surgery -- much, much reduced but still there from time to time AND coughing and throat irritation, perhaps left over from radiation. And then, perhaps not. Allergies are ruling our lives right now so who knows what's to blame.

But we'll take that. Next test/onc visit coming up in early June so we'll keep on holding our breath, muttering good luck charms and crossing all moveable body parts till then.

Ellen

Very glad to see Len is doing so well. Particularly since his journey sounds very similar to my own (nerve pain and all). I hope I am doing as well 2 years from now. Good luck and prayers for continued NED.

Fantastic news, you two!

Martini time!

Hope you get the allergies under control. I have been battling them myself and with compromised lung becomes much more than an annoyance. Clean indoor air has helped take out the pollens and dust.

Congrats, Len and Ellen!

Cindi o'h

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes. Martinis may not quite be the chosen drink, Cindi -- we're not quite the diehards we used to be -- gin with the merest whiff of vermouth and don't forget the lemon peel -- I think it'd kill us if we tried it now! So we'll stick to a celebratory single malt and/or wine. What a come down!

Tom -- does sound as if you're on the same track as Len. Here's to you both keeping on going down that track with no bumps in the way!

And to mazel tov for us all!!! (tov means good and mazel -- well, that's sort of hard to translate, a cross between fortune and luck, I suppose. We can all use some mazel!

Ellen