He's Gonna Fight

Bubba Beth

My dad was diagnosed with Stage III recurrent NSCLC about 2 weeks ago. He was given little to no hope by his doctor and we were all in terrible shock. I found this site and am so grateful for all your words of encouragment and support. It has really enabled me to believe it is worth fighting this cancer stuff and never just look at statistics again. I was able to visit my dad this last week and tell him to fight. After seeing this site, I know it is worth it! He and my mom finally decided to get into Cancer Care Alliance for a second opinion on treatment, etc., and are also becoming more proactive with their current doctors on making decisions and making progress on starting treatment. I am very encouraged by this. He should start radiation by the end of this week, and chemo at the start of next week. So I know there is a tough road ahead, but he wants to take it and that is what matters!

Beth

That is good news. Lets start the cheers

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

Many have survived,many will survive and we want many more to do so!

Keep us posted.

Donna G

Welcome Beth :)

I'm glad to hear your going to fight. Statistics really are meaningless! My dad is one of many here living beyond expectation. There is always reason to hope. Let us know how things go!

Sherri

Oh Bubba Beth, I am so happy that your daddy has decided to fight, and that you and your family have renewed your hope and resolve.

You have all of our prayers and support. Please let us know how he is doing and how he is handling the treatments.

Beth I wish your dad the best of luck with his treatments. He is a fighter and that is what he has to do.

I am so sorry for all you are going through. Remember we are always here for you 24/7

And definitely, never listen to stasticts. Many, many people here have well beaten the odds.

Keep us posted.

Maryanne

So very thankful you dad has you to encourage him and found this forum for him. Wonderful people here encourage and give experience and information that is very very helpful. and Hope. we all have Hope. praying for all of you. pammie

Just want to chime in with my "Hurrah for you and your Dad!" -- you've got the right spirit and it sounds as if your father is off to the races. Keep us posted as he goes through the course and know that we're all behind you!

Ellen