Hi/New/2 cancers

Last July I was diagnosed with soft-tissue sarcoma in my right arm. After 2 surgeries & while in radiation they discovered I had NSCL cancer (not related to the sarcoma.)I followed up the radiation with 2 wks of burn therappy for 2nd & 3rd degree burns from the radiation. After 2 hospitalizations, one for callaped lung from the biopsy & the other for systemic cellulitis, I had 2 thoracic surgeries separately only days apart, the second one removed one of my lung lobes. Have since been hospitalized twice for a bowel obstruction & again for the removal of a 5" tumor from my ovary (BENIGN!) I started Tarceva in January, my face continually breaks out & my skin is tough as leather & I have lost much of my hair. I have been given a Stage IV, but with a sketchy prognosis due to the fact the circumstances of the cancer in my case I am told are unprecedented, though, I have faced in more "opinions" very hopeless scenerios.....However, I no longer put much weight in what they tell me, I am basically an extremely happy person and have faith in my determination that if they're so undecided, I will make my own prognosis and that prognosis is life. I am very happy to meet you all & I look forward to getting to know your stories.

Welcome. Boy you have had too much going on this year! I am somewhat confused. Reading your post I get the idea that all of these are unrelated ( as the sarcoma, the ovary, the lung, the bowel obstruction ) Why do they say you are Stage IV? Did they find lung cancer somewhere else in your body? Usually they do not do surgery with Stage IV yet you say you had 2 thorocotomies.

Keep us posted.

Donna G

Welcome MOlly,

Sorry you have to be here. Just Keep a positive attitude, doctors can't give you a time frame. They are just guessing. You keep on fighting and research about your condition.

You will get a lot of support here and info. about treatments. If we can answer questions for you, please ask, one of us will find an answer for you or at least help you to find one...

We care and want to helpf as much as we can.

Please keep us posted and try and update your profile. This will help us to help you...

Blessings and prayers,

Karen

Molly-

You've been through a lot. I like your spirit. You've come to the right place. My husband was on tarceva, use a good moisturizer on the skin. He tried several but liked Curel's Ultra Healing best. I hope the tarceva is working for you.

Rochelle

Molly its a big pleasure to meet you. I am so sorry for all you have and are going through.

But I absolutely love your attitude. :D You are fighter and you will not go down. We are all in your corner routing you on.

We are always here for you, you are not alone and I admire your determination. That's half the battle.

Welcome to our family

Maryanne :wink:

You have physically been threw what most people can't even say they've experienced in a entire lifetime. Keep up the great work and "keep strong" isn't necessary since you have that completely in check... Your list will be something you "check off" as you conquer each illness!

Tammy

Hi Molly, I just wanted to join the others in welcoming you to our group. I am terribly sorry to hear about all you've been going through. It sound's like you've had a rough time there for a while. But your attitude and determination are inspiring. You are truly a blessed and strong woman.

I look forward to talking to you more, and getting to know you.

Howdy Molly!

Wow - what a medical hx. Sounds kind of like mine :roll: I've often felt, with my own history, surgeries, etc. that I should at least have a hospital wing dedicated to me, by now... :wink:

I just wanted to add my welcome, and tell you how I admire your spirit! With determination, and a positive attitude such as your own, I am sure you will be gracing us with your posts for MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, (you get the idea) MANY moons to come!!!

Yours in HOPE!!

Stacey

So,So new at this, I hope I respond to this correctly. All of your greetings, encouragement, wishes, just plain friendliness, interest & warmth has really touched me. Have been diverted by a virus or would have written this sooner. In answer to Q's, all of my removed tumors were complete separate in diagnosis. I am not clear why they consider me stage IIIB-IV, I have about 100 "spots" in the remainder of my lobes, some malignant, some not (as determined from the one removed). They are not metastisized, however, all separate primary cancers, adenocarcinoma, which the doctors find quite bizarre. One opinion believes it has spread into the bloodstream through the pleural lining, another disagrees. I get my 2 mo CAT scan & see my Onc next week...will find out if the Tarceva is doing anything. Will keep in touch.

Thank You again for your warm greetings,

Molly :)

Molly welcome aboard. I love the Joy De Vive or Spirit for Life that you have. I can understand a little confusion about all of this going on so I found a Link that may help you out with some of this. Never let a Doctor tell you how long you will live they don't know. Click below and will go to a Good site to explain a few things Particularly staging. Glad You found us.

http://www.cancerguide.org/basic.html