NSCLC Stage IV - Age 38

AnnaH

Hi Everyone,

I would like to connect with other young late stage cancer survivors who have had a lung removed. I know how very lucky I am but I still feel alone. If you’re out there please share your stories with me. I'm finding life after treatment to be a new challenge.

Thanks, Anna

Hi Anna,

Welcome to our site. You will find much in common with lc survivors of all stages. You will probably feel the closest connection with your disease, stage, and treatment.

You are not alone!

I am stage 111B but I still have my lung.

Cindi o'h

Hi Anna,

I just want to say hello, welcome and congrats ... it's wonderful to hear you were able to undergo surgery. I'm 39 years old, married with three kids, and I was recently diagnosed with stage IV NSCLC. I am not a candidate for surgery so I will be keeping my lung.

I'm sure you will find the support you're looking for here as there are many LC survivors.

Tracy.

Hi Anna,

Welcome! Hang in there, keep a positive attitude. You will be fine, we will support and help you as much as we can. There are several people here that are your age and stage IV.

This site will be support for you and you have just joined a great family...

You are blessed to have surgery. We are all blessed too. Please keep us posted.

God Bless and prayers,

karen

Hi Anna,

Welcome to LCSC! I am sorry that you had to get sick in order to find this board. I always thought that only 70 year old - 3 pack a day smokers got this disease, unfortunately I found out differently.

I was diagnosed at 39, had my left lung removed, chemo, radiation, and am now taking Tarceva daily with Avastin/Zometa every 3 weeks for a couple of mets to my bones. Last week I was told that the med's were working and the mets have disappeared!

You stated that you were having trouble adjusting to life after treatment - I too strugged with this area - I truly thought it was harder than the actual treatment itself. I would be happy to talk to you further and help you if I can.

Most importantly, don't lose hope. It is possible to live with cancer and miracles do happen.

Wendy

Welcome Anna,

I'm glad you joined us, but sorry you have the need. As others have said, there are quite a few people here with similar ages and situations. I know that Hebbie (Heather) is also in her 30s and has had her lung removed. She is doing great and is a couple of years out.

Unfortunately surgery was not an option for my husband, so he still has his lung but we are close in age to you. He was diagnosed at 31 and is 34 now. We are still going through treatment. If there is ever anything we can do to help, we are here and willing to offer all the support prayers and love we have.

Anna -

The support you get here will be amazing. I am sorry that you had to find this board, but am glad that you will make some great friends. People beat the odds..they do!

Thinking of you this evening,

Holly

Read Survivor stories and Good news Forums for some inspiration and encouragement. GGlad you found us sorry you had to find us. :):cry:

Welcome Anna. You will find many here who can help you along the way, not just in your age group, but also with similiar dx stage and treatments. Never lose hope -- I swear this group seems to have a way around about any obstacle this disease throws at them!

Linda

Hi Anna ~

Jumping on the welcome wagon :D Keep the hope up, Girl! You'll beat this! As you have seen, there are TONS of HOPE here - feel free to reach in and grab a couple of handfuls whenever you need! And know that you are NOT alone. :wink:

Sending prayers, and my BEST healing vibes... 8)

~ Stacey

I'm [a little] older than you and still have my lung, but I wanted to send you my support and also offer some encouragement. I have more than 5 years with NED (No Evidence of Disease). There is so much more treatments available now for us that there are many survivors living long productive lives with Stage IV lc. I read this on one of my message boards and it is so true:

Cancer is only a word, not a sentence.

Hi Anna,

Welcome. I'm glad you found us, makes one feel so much less alone.

I was diagnosed IIIB at age 43 with a 4 year old and a 10 year old, and newly divorced. Yes, learning to live after, "the new normal", can be quite a feat. I have been NED for 6 years now after having a 13# tumor and one lobe of left lung removed, along with most of my chest wall on left side -- the tumor ate it. Now I have goretex.

Where are you in MD? I am in Montgomery county, near I270/I370 and 495. PM me if you want to talk.

Have faith -- you've made it through your treatments so far, looking good, so take baby steps... one at a time.

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Welcome to our family,

There are several late stage survivors here in their thirties, unfortunately this awful stuff does not discriminate when it comes to age.

If you haven't read profiles yet go ahead and read some and you will find you are not at all alone.

I wish you the best and pray hard for your recovery

Kathy

Hi Anna,

I am not in my 30's but I want to welcome you. I am so sorry for all that you are going through. You are very lucky to be stage IV and were able to have an operation. You are really in the minority there.

I hope all goes well with you and we are always here for you. If you have questions, want to vent, need surrport and prayers, we are here 24/7.

I know how scared you must be, we have all walked in your shoes or caregivers who have.

Maryanne