The roller coaster is dipping... :(

I just wrote a post about Dad having good scans and recovering well from a blood clot in his leg. I was breathing a sigh of relief...his medications were under control and he was working on getting his energy back and then…

Just when things were settling down some, my Mom calls this morning to tell me Dad is back in the hospital. :( They think he has the flu...he had diarrhea non-stop yesterday and by supper time he started throwing up. Mom said there was black blood. There is an intestinal flu going around so I guess it could be the flu...but where is the blood coming from??!! Dads on Warfarin blood thinners due to a clot...don't know if this is causing him to bleed from something easier?? They checked him in the hospital immediately and I'm waiting to hear from mom again this morning to find out what’s going. Dad was dehydrated by the time they got him in the hospital and they hooked him up to an IV. He was telling mom he felt so bad he didn't think he would make the night. Dad has always been the picture of health..no flu's...nothing. He doesn't know how to deal with being sick.

I'm 2 hours away with two small children so I can't just hop in the car and go. I need to wait and find out. I have three other siblings that are close by…I just feel so helpless sometimes. Does anyone know what black blood indicates??

Sherri

OMG...my mom called and things aren't good. They say Dad has a bleed that can't be controlled and his body is shutting down. We have to leave immediately...please pray this will turn around for him. I'm so scared....

Sherri

Prayers and positive thoughts for good results to come out of this ordeal