It's been a long road.....

TAnn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh TAnn,

I have followed your story and progress since I first joined LCSC. You have been a valiant warrior and given your all keeping this demon at bay. You are nothing short of remarkable, Teri, and I am sorry it is time now to lay down your weapons. Many prayers are being sent for freedom from pain for you. May you and your family be able to now make many pain free memories. You have provided hope for so many here, my hope is that you can feel the energy coming from all of us to you at this time.

Why some are chosen to carry such heavy burdens, I cannot figure out. But you have carried yours with unparalleled grace and dignity. May Hospice bring you the peace and comfort you so dearly deserve. I simply have no other words at this time.

Kasey

REFUSE TO LOSE And Never give up ya know. I am saying Prayers for you Teri, I have known people from other boards who have been through Hospice more than 2 times. Have you asked your Onc about Starting over again? That was suggested to Deb before she passed by her Onc. Just a thought ya know? Saying prayers for you and your Family. Send strength in thisa hour of Need.

Teri,

I join all the others in hoping hospice can get your pain under control and that you have some good days and peace ahead of you.

You will be in my thoughts,

Cindy

Kasey said:

I have followed your story and progress since I first joined LCSC. You have been a valiant warrior and given your all keeping this demon at bay. You are nothing short of remarkable, Teri, and I am sorry it is time now to lay down your weapons. Many prayers are being sent for freedom from pain for you. May you and your family be able to now make many pain free memories. You have provided hope for so many here, my hope is that you can feel the energy coming from all of us to you at this time.

Why some are chosen to carry such heavy burdens, I cannot figure out. But you have carried yours with unparalleled grace and dignity. May Hospice bring you the peace and comfort you so dearly deserve. I simply have no other words at this time.

Kasey, your words are perfect! I wish I would have been able to put into words what you said. When I posted above, I struggled with saying anything at all!

Teri, your grace and dignity are unparalled. You are so young, a nonsmoker, and have everything to live for, yet we have never heard one single word of complaint come out of your mouth. You asked for help and advice, told us about your troubles, your pain, and your fears, and offered all of us your love and support, but never once did you say "Why me?" or show any anger or blame - none whatsoever. You are truly awesome!

Yes, Teri, Kasey's words: valiant warrior, grace and dignity, given your all, remarkable, provided hope, carried heavy burdens . . . are PERFECT! And also, as she said, I, too, hope that you can feel the energy from all of us - I know I have been a recipient of the energy that has come from you!

Bless you, my friend!

Love,

Peggy

Teri,

Beth and Bill had wonderful wonderful time after he stopped treatment.

I only pray that this time is lovely, peaceful and painfree for you........and that the respite from tX lasts a long long time.

Lots of love.

Pat

Teri,

I was saddened to read this news. Some of Charlie's last words were that he wanted to "leave no stone unturned." You have done the same with grace and dignity and determination. Praying for Hospice to get your pain under control and for you to have many good days/weeks/months/years ahead. I still believe in miracles and will be praying for you to get one. Take care and keep in touch when you can.

Dear Teri,

It is so difficult to read this news....I can add here that Hospice brought such comfort to my Dad, they were able to control his pain and we had so many great times and were able to share so much. Sending prayers and wishing you much comfort

love, NancyT

Dear Teri

I'm so sad to read this post from you. I hope fervently that you receive a miracle, and if that is not to be, that you are able to enjoy an abundance of pain-free days with your family. Your presence on this board has helped so many.....I hope you know that.

Much love,

Karen

Dearest Teri,

My heart breaks when I just read your post. I wish I could do something to make your journey pain free and comfortable. That is what hospice will do for you.

I still will keep praying for a miracle. You are such a brave individual who has faught so hard to beat this monster. I admire you for all you have gone through and I am just so saddened that it has come to this.

What Kasey said to you was so typical of her. She has this insite to say what many of us are feeling but cannot express it like only Kasey can.

I will continue to send prayers to you and your and family.

May peace be with you.

Maryanne

Hospice was a godsend for both of my parents. They specialize in pain control.

And it's quite possible your body will gain some strength back without any treatments and be one of hospice's long timers!

My prayers are with you and your family.

Teri: I am sorry that treatment is no longer working for you and am glad that you and your husband are at peace with going to hospice. They will manage the pain very well for you. I hope you have many nice, peaceful days to come.

Don M

Dear Teri,

I do so hope that you find both sorely needed respite from pain and peace of mind. You deserve much, much more. I'll be thinking of you and sending you every possible positive vibe to help your body recover from the ravages of chemo and gain the strength to keep on going even if in a different mode.

Much love,

Ellen

Ann, my mother has NSCLC Stage III-five chemo treatments and we met lastwednesday and decided no more. She is ready to stop. She is in bed 90% of the time. We will tell onco this next wed that we will stop. I hope he agrees. It is going to come back at any point, she can't live on chemo. She says she is ready to let nature t ake it course. She is very tired. But is an amazing woman.I am learning so much fr om her at this time. Her integrity, spirit and determination. She says she is not giving up, s he is being realistic. I will pray for you in my prayers tonight when I pray for her. God bless you, Ann.