First Mother's Day without Mum

Jana_W

Hi all

It's been a long time since I posted. Mother's Day is coming up and I am so saddened to know that this will be my first Mother's Day without my own Mummy. It is also my first Mother's Day as a Mum myself, as my precious little first-born Veronika was born only 6 weeks after Mum died. It is going to be a day of mixed emotions, but I fear mostly overwhelming sadness that Mum is gone. It's been nearly 9 months now, but I still cry for her every day, some days moreso than others. Today was a bad one. :cry: I still think so much about her illness and those last few months. I also feel that I am getting further and further from a place when Mum was in my life, as time passes, and I hate this so much.

So, to all the other motherless mothers and daughters, I will be thinking of you this Mother's Day.

Jana

xxx

Oh Jana,

Mother's Day without your Mother AND with your new baby will certainly present a mixed bag, won't it? I do believe there are a few of you all experiencing the same emotions at this time. All I can say is that I understand about you feeling further and further away from your Mum as time goes on. BUT........there will come a time when you don't feel far away at all..........that the memories will all be warm and pleasant and you will find yourself smiling ~ REALLY!!!! My thoughts will be with ALL those motherless daughters with new babies this year. Hope God will just wrap all of you up real tight with an extra squeeze or two to help you through a rough day.

Kasey

Jana,

I am so sorry. If you've been reading the other posts lately, you can tell a lot of us are really missing our Moms right now. This will be my first Mother's Day without my mom, too, and I gave birth to my son, Ian, three weeks after my mom passed away on March 6th this year. I am just dreading Mother's Day. Really dreading it.

Know that you are not alone; it's such a hard thing to grasp, as, for me, I am not even yet accepting the reality that my mom is actually gone forever. We've been robbed of what should be a joyous day. Congratulations on your precious daughter. We all have some bright stars shining above us.

Jana,

I too know how you feel, for me its fathers day..Its a really hard day to get through, wish I had some advice on how to get through it but I dont, I did want to let you know your not alone and you should spend the day however you feel most comfortable..

Jana -

Unfortunately there are a lot of us in the "club" this year -- those experiencing Mother's day without mom for the first time...and attempting to celebrate our first Mother's Day as a "mom."

I don't have any words to make it easier as I am struggling as well. I do think that my mom will be in Heaven on this Sunday and so enjoying the day. I am also so thanful of the relationship I had with my mom over the years, so many of my friends would kill for even a year of the relationship we had -- Be thankful you had your mom for so many years and were so close...and know that she is thrilled with that little baby of yours.

Prayers for all of us new motherless daughters this year.

Love,

Holly

Thank you so much for your beautiful post. For me, Mother's Day is so, so hard. I'm 53 today, and my mother died when I was 18. I still miss her. My daughter died almost 3 years ago. Mother's Day is just a nightmare for me. However, I try to remember the happy times I had with both of them and I firmly believe they are together celebrating their new relationship. Please have a peaceful day.

Joanie.