Sign in to follow this  
KatieB

8/30- Katie's Dad

Katie, Praying really hard for your Dad, your Mom, your family and you. I wish I could give you the strength that you gave to me through out Gene's illness, your words and prayers were so helpful. Please know that you are a guiding light in a lot of people life. Continue to fight for your Dad as I know you will, never give up, you have seen people rally many times over, we will pray hard for a rally this time!!! Hugs, Carol

oh geez. This is SO sad to hear. Katie has been through so much and has been the strongest fighter I have ever seen, as well as her Dad. A better daughter could not be found, ever.

Stand by her Rick, as I know you will, and hold each other up for this. She is the one in need now. And you as well.

Bless you both.

Gina D.

Katie and Rick, I am so sorry to read this last post. this is such a hard time for all of you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Donna G

Katie, Rick and Family

My heart and prayers go out to all of you tonight. I am so saddened by the turn of events for you. As long as there is breath there is life.

Sue M

Katie

I'm sorry to hear your dad is having a tough time of it. But you of all people know how strong his will is to get out of that hospital. Anything can happen at this point. We're all praying for him. Just to let you know, seeing your dad's name on my handlebars during the race on the weekend got me up and over a couple of steep hills, and it allowed me to keep going on my final lap even though I wanted to quit. Thank your dad for me for helping me to get through the race. Take care,

David P.

Katie and I will be out of pocket for the next week or so. I am going to let her post her own messages as she has earned that right. I am sure we will post a followup upon her stop off at the house either tomorrow or later tonight.

We love you all.

Katie, you, Rick and your dad are in our thought and prayer. You have been a tower of strengh for all of us and always have a word of comfort or information when it's needed. Know that all of us are pulling for all of you.

Annie & Tim

Katie, I have always felt very close to you on these boards because you and your Dad remind me so much of my dad and me. I can't imagine what you are feeling - I can only tell you that my thoughts are with you and your entire family. I have said this to you many times before, your Dad is very lucky to have you - as you are to have such a great Dad. You will get through all of this - no matter what tomorrow brings- God has a plan mapped out and we can only follow the course it leads us on good or bad. Prayers to all of you and may you continue to gain strength from each other. Love, Sharon

In my religious beliefs, if pre-destination was in my faith, I would most likely be faithless. If this is a plan that is mapped out by god, can I trade him in for different one?

Thank goodness I dont believe in pre-destination.

It is too hard for me to believe that a plan was mapped out by god for those babies born with horrible disease, people being murdered or tortured or etc... It is much easier for me to believe that each of us have a path charted out with various options along the way unto which the future it determined.

OK OK , off my religious stuff, I know that religion is a real argument generator so what do you say, lets talk politics.. Just kidding...

I had to address this as I have heard the path from my brother-in-law all day and am just venting....

Love you all.....

Rick

Katie and Rick,

Please know that your entire family is in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear the news and that things are not well. I do continue to hold onto hope, this is a great strength for me. I admire Katie for her strength and all that she does for her dad. Please know that I am holding on to positive thoughts and am sending you my best. Big hugs.

I hate this damn disease! :evil:

Rick, Katie, Jessee and family

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless, be well and hang in there!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Guest Cheryl Schaefer

Dear Katie and Rick,

Although I am a relative newcomer here, your posts have been so helpful and encouraging to me; I only hope you get the same comfort from ours. Our thoughts are prayers are with you and your family. You have both been inspirational to this board and this horrible disease. Please take care of each other.

Aloha,

Katie-I hope your dad's health is better by the time you read this. My prayers are with you all. I am leaving town tomorrow til Sun. so I will check in then. Keep smiling because your dad would want you to. Love Cindy

Katie, Rick, Jessee, Mom & Family,

I am saying some pretty strong prayers for you all today. I believe in miracles, and I believe they can happen for each of us.

Hang onto that positive attitude, and your hope. Your love can see you through this.

I am so sorry Jessee and the family are going through this.

Carleen

Oh, Katie,

I am so sorry to read that such misery has been visited upon you and your loved ones. May the coming days be merciful to you all, and that you will find great comfort in each others' presence and the support of all of your family here.

Mainecoon