Post-Chemo SOB ?

Bill

I vaguely recall this subject coming up in the past, but I don't remember what the majority response was. For those of you receiving chemotherapy , past and /or or present, did you experience any SOB following your treatment, either later that same day or the following day ? This would be SOB that, in your opinion, appeared to be directly related to the chemo tx.

Thanks.

B

Bill,

I did with Gemzar, but remember reading that shortness of breath was a side effect. It happened in the days following treatment. Noticed it when climbing stairs, and getting out of a hot shower. It did go away when treatment ended.

Cindy

Bill ,

This is probably not what you are referring to, but Mike had pneumonitis as a result of chemo ( Alimta, specifically) . It's very hard to say exactly when the onset was because it was a subtle increase in SOB until it became severe. Also associated with this would be a dry non-productive cough. He also quit Tarceva due to SOB. It's hard to say whether the chemo was to blame or the disease process. I don't guess this is very useful.. :?

Sue

Bill,

I've had SOB on and off all during my two plus years battle with this beast. The first was rather mild with Gemzar/Carbo, 12 rounds. Then a year later with Alimta, 6 rounds, a little worse for just a few days after each treatment then all hell broke loose after a clinical trial with Zemplar and Gemzar. That was in December and haven't shaken it completely yet, but I've got another battle going on right now with Brain Mets and undergoing WBR. Six out of 15 down and then Gamma Knife if there is any left.

With the SOB, I just kept walking as much as I could every day and working through it. Docs said it was from the GEMZAR and that it would gradually decrease which it has slowly. Can't really tell now since I'm on a high dose of Decadron but I don't seem to have as much. Hope it helps and good luck with it.

CharlieD