Getting to Know You - May 17

Ann

Play golf, but I have just started, have had 2 lessons so far (watch out senior tour). So far I am loving it and, thank goodness, I have a group of ladies my age to play with, so no one will be laughing too hard at my game. We know we will have to let a lot of foursomes play through. It just means it will take us longer to get to the 19th hole.

I am practicing yelling FORE!!!

I always wanted to learn how to belly dance and I finally took lessons a couple of years ago. I am not great at it, but I will be an interesting addition to any LC get-togethers that I might attend, don't you think?????

:lol:

I've always wanted to make glass beads and I have all the supplies waiting for me in garage along with a couple of books and instructional videos too. Once my brain is a bit clearer and I can focus on stuff a bit better I am going to watch the videos again and begin practicing. If I can't get it right, I may take a couple of classes so I can work on this hobby.

Pam in FL

Well, Kasey, I'll roll up my pant legs and dangle my legs in the water with you. I never learned how, either. I took lessons and failed, couldn't get over the fear of not being able to touch the bottom. It would be nice to learn, but I don't think I'd enjoy the process of learning, ya know?

Another folky here who wants to learn Spanish and have wanted to for years, but never got around to it.

Actually took 4 years of German in high school -- got all "A's" in class, classes taught by a native German lady: went to Germany during my senior year in HS and could barely survive and do what we needed to, speaking the language!!!(oh so, so, bad time there...what a waste of education...don't remember a useful thing from it, even now).

Linda

Now....

We've all listed some things that we would like to learn. We all know that we're never too old to learn new things. So...how many of you are ready to actually jump in and make your dreams come true???

Oh my gosh, Kasey and Becky, ME TOO!

I didn't quite get to the "fail", Becky. I took lessons at the Y and just didn't go back for the last class - test day! I knew I would fail. And, on the last day that I did go, the instructor had to jump in and pull a girl out who was going under. That did it for me - No deep water for me - never!! Uh-uh!!! :evil:

Love,

Peggy