Tim is still in the Hospital

Tim'sKathy

OK...Labor day weekend is no time to be in the hospital...they have 2 interns assigned to Tim and they are scaring him terribly...I think they are bored and finally are glad to have a patient they can "play" with while the real doctors are off...

Tim's breathing is a little better even though they are not sure that he does have pneumonia for sure..the lab is closed. The anti-biotics are making him run for the bathroom every so often, and my poor husband never being sick a day in his life before this was all upset thinking something else was wrong. Had to assure him it was the anti-biotics, that he just had a PET scan and there was nothing else found....

They are keeping a close watch on any bleeding...I just pray that the lesions in his brain had enough time to heal (it was only 10 days since his last one) so they will not bleed from the Lovenex. The head oncologist is covering this weekend...he is the big guy ..and he did stop in yesterday morning and asked Tim if he wanted to go home...but Tim said not until they figured out his breathing...so the head onc did not seem as concerned as IKE and MIKE- our name for the interns ,,,,

Hopefully he will be able to get home soon......

Kathy

Kathy, I can't believe that the lab is closed for the holiday!! that is outragous, but I don't have to tell you that. I hope that they can get a grip on the breathing, and what is causing the problem. Tell "Mike and Ike" (that cracked me up) to go get out their chemistry set and play and leave you guys to be cared for by the real doctors!!! Please continue to keep us posted on how Tim is doing. You are both in my prayers. Deb

Kathy,

You and Tim are both in my prayers. Wish there was more I could say to help this situation. Seems like the oncologist is letting Tim call the shots. I find our oncologist does this too and it's frustrating at times since they are the ones with the expertise. Please let Tim know that we are all thinking of him and praying for his recovery.

Blessings to you both,

Peg

Kathy,

Am so glad you posted today. Sorry to hear about Ike and Mike, - - do they look alike......haha

What is Tim's prob with breathing? Is he on oxygen all the time? I can't remember the past posts. Are they bringing in a pulmonary dr for that. I will never forget with buddy when he was having such a hard time eating throughout the radiation, that the radiation dr said and i quote "i sure don't know what the problem is". When I got on this board, I found out it goes along with the treatment and is very common....that blew my mind....and Buddy's.....

Hope and pray you all get home soon.....and Tim starts back on the road to recovery soon.....

Sorry your Labor Day isn't better.

Mike and Ike reminded me of my three interns with my surgeon. They ran in every day, tapped my chest tube, made me cough, and ran outas fast as their little feet would carry them.

I called the "The Three Musketeers".

gail