Getting to Know You - May 22

Ann

Many studies have been done on the effects of different colors on people and their moods. What colors do you find tranquil? Which ones make you tense? Do your clothes reflect these thoughts?

I think light blues, yellows, peach and khaki colors seem to relax me. Reds, hot pinks and greens are a bit too strong for me. I wear yellows, peach and khaki a lot but rarely ever wear reds, pinks or greens. When I worked at Target, we had to wear red shirts as part of the uniform. I have never been able to wera red after wearing it almost every day for five years! Also, I have read that wearing the color red can bring on hostility and Lord knows I want to keep my boss as calm as possible!!!

I tend to go toward natural colors and materials. When I do step out of the box and wear something other than brown black or grey, people say "that's your color" regardless of the color. Maybe I'd get a clue and wear more colors, but I don't. I feel most relaxed in a pair of linen pants and flowy shirt or or a t-shirt.

Not only my clothes, but the colors of my rooms, the color of my car, my house, etc. all reflect me. I think it's the same for all of us. That's why we live in such a colorful world - each of us 'wearing' the colors that suit our personalities.

Timmy P ( 09/15/38 to 12/19/04) Married for 44 years

Oh I love purple - in all its' shades and hues. I wear it often - daily, in fact. My bedroom is painted two different shades of purple, with olive green trim.

My couch is purple too - a deep eggplant purple. I even found a purple potato peeler (try saying that quickly three times!) recently at Target.

Pam in FL

I am so fickle, my favorite color changes minutely, ok daily. I painted the downstairs in my newish home a medium yellow, the family room 2 shades darker. The powder room - medium green, hall bath - orange cream sicle. Ok, get the drift. I wear every color in the rainbow so I am a coordinated outfit nightmare.

So my favorite color is blue, no green, no purple, no red ...............

I like all colors. It is the shade and tint of the colors that draws me to them. I like earthtones and muted colors.

Bright colors make me nervous.

Rusts, browns, Khakis, dusted rose.. the colors of Fall, especially, I am most comfortable around. But, I do like my red lipstick!!! :P

Cindi o'h