I'm scared...

jorja

It does not look good for my dad. He had a check up with his oncologist on May 10. They did an x-ray and they saw a shadow. He has a scheduled CT scan on June 6. We admitted him into the ER last night because he has severe SOB. They did another x-ray and something else (i can't remember the name) and they discovered a blood clot. They are also suspecting that the tumor has returned. He is on 24 oxygen. My brother, my mom and I were at home for a rest and the nurses called telling us to come over immediately. We got there and he was stable but our family doctor wanted to discuss issues of what to do if he stops breathing etc. We decided DNR. I can't believe I am writing this. My dad has done so good for almost 2 years and then this. It just hits us with a ton of bricks. I have not slept for 2 days. Sorry I am rambling but I am in shock. So many thoughts are going through my head....Please, please pray for my dad. He needs so many prayers....

love,

jorja

Sending Prayers and Get some rest. Think Positive thoughts. remember that only God Knows his plan for us and sometimes works in strange ways. You have to take care of yourelf also.

Jorja,

I am so, so sorry to hear about your dad. This disease has such an awful wake. I am most certainly praying for you right now, and for your family. Dear Lord, I pray that you watch over Jorja and her family, and you place your loving arms around them as they search for ways to understand their current situation. Lord I ask that you bless them with peace, and renewed strength to understand, to fight, to accept, and to never lose faith in You. Dear Lord, you have worked so many miracles, and as I do every day for my own dad, I ask that you bless Jorja with the miracle of healing, and protection during difficult times.

God Bless you Jorja. Please keep us posted.

Jen

So sorry to read this about your Dad. Please remeber, though, that there are many treatments out there that may be a possibility for him. Don't give up. Hospitals always talk about the "what if's" paperwork - that doesn't mean it's the end. I know DNR's are very frightening. You've experienced that, now it's time to move on to the next TREATMENT. I'm praying that your Dad's doctors speak to you soon about the next move. Keep your chin up.

Joanie ((()))

Oh no...

So sorry about this jorja.... This has got to be really tough on all of you. So sorry. Is it a clot in his lung they found through a CT, do you think? Maybe it will dissolve.

I will be praying for your Dad, for sure.

Try to get some rest. Ativan works for me.

Cindi o'h