Race Results

Hey there everyone.

The many sore muscles I had for a couple of days after the ride don't hurt as much any more; the large scrapes on my leg and arm from my big crash are healing; I'm not falling asleep in my dinner plate any more;

I can finally sit down without wincing (if you know what I mean), and I'm sitting here reading all of your wonderful posts thinking back to three days after my surgery when I was standing at the end of the hall on 3rd floor south looking out the window asking myself the question,"why me?" I KNOW THE ANSWER NOW!!!! IT'S ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL, BRAVE, COURAGEOUS PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO SAY THAT LITTLE OLD ME INSPIRES YOU TO HAVE HOPE IN THE FUTURE!!! I thank you all for the honour I feel right now, and just hope I can live up to the challenge.

I'm back working at school now, which is feeling like a bit of a holiday from what I've been so busy with over the past couple months, but it's not quite over yet. I am preparing for one more race of the season on Sept. 28th. It's a 45 mile cross country race over some very difficult terrain; last year it took me six hours to complete -- I'm going to do it in five this year. It has one unusual feature, this race. At each of the three feed stations there is a manditory 5 minute stop for everyone. There are comfy couches, great music, and people serving tea and muffins, and giving neck massages. And at the finish line there is a huge all you can eat salmon and corn on the cob barbeque feast. Tough to take, I know.

I'll keep you posted, take care.

David P.