EEK-these varmin!

Debi

Okay, not sure where to put this but needed to share my varmin story...

Have gotten it in my head that I should look to buy a house maybe so went looking this evening. Last house I was in was huge, and the yard was incredibly huge and beautiful, looked like a park in the back with fountains, concrete patios, gardens, trees, lots and lots of landscaping. Very Great Gatsbyish (Okay, as Great Gatsbyish as you're going to get in a small town in Oklahoma!). Anyway, the house was somewhat in disrepair but it could be workable with some fixin up- it had like 3 baths, 5 bedrooms. The whole thing is $30,000.00 (gotta love Oklahoma - on Long Island it would've been at least $200,000 most likely more for the land alone!!) :D

Okay, the only trouble is when I came out and got in the car, my legs were covered with varmin - fleassssssss :shock: !! This is like the 3rd time in my life that I have looked at a house and been hijacked by these varmin. Anyway, anyone else have any similiar horror stories and are fleas considered varmin? (I admit, I'm not from here, I don't know the varmin specs).

Yes, I have a flea story. When my husband finished graduate school we moved - with our 2 and 8/9ths children to San Diego. We rented a house that seemed fine, but within a week we all (except for 8/9ths) were itching and scratching. My solution probably wouldn't be considered environmentally acceptable now, but I sprayed the whole, nearly empty house with bug spray. Then vacuumed. What a gross experience.

Muriel

I think I'm going to move to Oklahoma if I can get a house like that for $30K. Hey...I could sell my house in Florida, make money off the sale and pay for one heck of an exterminator to come in and wipe out those nasty fleas!!!

Oh My!!

Ann, you're in luck, this house has a basement (so there, Muriel, you are such a snob :P!). Of course, no guaranteeing what lives in it. Actually, come to think of it, a tornado might be the best thing for that house. :shock: