5 years & one month update

gail

The swollen gland went away as soon as I started stressing on it . . . It is so hard to believe sometimes that I can just have a normal illness.

This is the longest I have lived without a new cancer diagnosis since 1993. Thank you God.

Had a followup CAT scan. They forgot to give me barium, so i had stopped at the onc's office ahead of time. Drank the barium that morning and it wasn't sitting well. Going to be a long day . . .

Got to the CT scan, and my script was for a chest CT only. First time in 5 years is wasn't chest, pelvis, and abdomen. They called the onc's office to confirm and yes, that was all he wanted. Said I guessed that meant I was doing better. :D

Report was clear. One nodule had disappeared entirely and the other hadn't changed at all (5mm). He is recommending that the next scan be with their new PET. Seems that picks up EVERYTHING.

On a happy note--I bought flowers to the onc's office. They were very surprised. I told them that I was 5 years and it was because of their fine care. I also bought a peace plant for my onc. He was very surprised but I told him he deserved it.

At the office they were all making jokes about the size of my file. I told them a big file was a good thing. Meant they were doing their jobs well :wink:

gail

Gail..

Huge, huge congratulations on your 5 year mark! I hope that you celebrate with a day or two at the Spa! What a deserved treat that would be!

Just love it so much when another milestone is reached for one of our members. You must be on top of the world!

Come to the pub for any one delight or two. On the house.

Cindi o'h

Gail,

Congratulations on your five year, one month milestone! You are the woman leading my way, so your victories are just as sweet to me as my own!

Many, many more to you.

Cindy

Wonderful, wonderful news, Gail :lol: !! It certainly appears that you are FINALLY on the track to LONG term SUCCESS!!!!!! I am overjoyed for you and am celebrating with ya! My wish is for THICK files for all of us!!!!! Whaddaya think :wink::?:

Love,

Kasey

Gail,

Congrats on the 5 year, 1 month mark!!!

I think Cindi hit on something - you need to forget about just the massage or the facial, you need to go for an overnight spa stay to celebrate both your milestone and the end of the school year!

I think that's the perfect way to celebrate all of this!