Still want me to have treatment

patt

Thought of another couple of things. I heard that chemo does not really help that much with many types of nonsmall cell cancers; it is more effective on small cell cancers. I may be mistaken, but that is what I understand, and what one of my doctors told me. It does help some types but not all. Has anyone else heard of this?

Barbn

Hi All, I saw my oncologist and it seems to me this thing never stops. We have to make decisions based on thier lastest best known knowledge. When I was in the hospital he told me they found that treatment was best for me. He now says that I have three choices. 1. Aggressive: one treatment over two days, every three weeks for four treatments. 2. Take selenium, will give me more information on this within the next two weeks...I think this is a clinic trial, anyone hear of this? 3. nothing. He said there are no statistics to show that stage 1a benefits from treatment. The treatment I would receive is Paclitaxel and Carboplatin. My children would like me to take it but he won't even give me a 10% chance it won't come back. I lost 60% of my right lung, I'm still trying to accept that. My cancer was adenocarcinoma, slow growing, and 2Cm.

Patt I lost my wife to this disease non surgical candidadte. I have a family friend who had surgery last year and no treatment. She goes for a biopsy next Friday because the pet scan lit up something. Just surgery. No adjuvant therapy. Best wishes with your decision to make I know it is not easy. Look in New meds forums under stickies for clinical trials available for treatment if you are interested. If I can help Pm or Leave a post here 2x a day at least usually.Sending a Prayer!