I'm so proud, part II !

Geri

I just know that you've all been waiting with bated breath - not easy for lung cancer patients! - to know about my progression with my new exercise machine.

Well......after 2 weeks of meaning to do it on my own, my loving husband and I finally got the blasted thing put together on Friday night - at least some credits toward a rocket science degree would have been handy - anyway I was not feeling good yesterday, so today........TA DA....I used the bike!!!!!!!!!

The bike clocked 10 miles and it wasn't in the back of Richard's truck either. I actually pushed those pedals for 10 miles.

It took me about an hour because I had to keep stopping to adjust things, but it is now sitting in splendor awaiting my return.

Richard exercises at 5:45 every morning and is dropping hints that I can join him - HAH!! I'll let you know how often that happens.

Hope you all had a good weekend, it's good to "hear" from you all again.

Geri

Congratulations, Geri. I was proud of your first 80 miles also. Let us know, in a month or so, how often you use it. We had exercise equip. in our basement for years. It collected a lot of dust. We decided not to move it.

Muriel K

Congratulations, Geri!

I unloaded mine in the garage and had it put together in no time. I took a couple of satisfactory spins on the pedals and was quite pleased with my mehanical accomplishment. It sat in spledor of a job well done for about a week. When that week was up, it soon became a pain in the watuzzi just from looking at it. Fourteen years later, I paid to have it hauled away.

"What WUZ I thinking?"

Don't be like me! Keep a log of your efforts and keep spinning, girl!

Glad that normalcy has returned to your home.

Cindi o'h

heheh...yea, I bought one at neighbors yard sale...dragged it into basement, no assbly required. All I need is someone to drag me down there and make me pedal the thing. Jus hate excercise. Oh well, glad you got it and are using it better than me. Ten miles..?? doubt that mine totals that much. Take care...Rich B.

Way to go Geri! That is great.

You are steps ahead of me. Heck, I've wanted to get a bowflex machine for the past 3 years and start getting rid of the fab under my arms that looks like a turkey neck. I wrote the number down to call and get info, and the number has sat in a drawer in my kitchen for 3 years now, and has been packed and moved through 3 home moves but still no bowflex. :oops:

How cute a picture is this.......

My DH on his treadmill walking and me peddling away by his side! AAAAH!

This is a true story and it happened at 6am this morning, we watched the news together today instead of me at the kitchen table and him upstairs in the exercise room.......true togetherness right?!

NAH, not really, the clincher was that the only time we spoke was when I asked him to turn up the sound! You see I'm not married to a morning person so I intend to finish my ride later in peace - his treadmill makes altogether too much noise so tomorrow I shall wait until he's finished and he'll be in the kitchen while I'm in the excercise room!!

So much for my Monday morning nonsense, enjoy your day

Geri