Don M update

Don M

Today was my last radiation treatment. I have it marked on my calendar as "dead tumor day". I will start 4-6 rounds of alimta as adjuvant treatment at the end of of June. I have been staying with my son and his family while I have treatment at Swedish Cancer Institute in Seattle. Tomorrow I am going to go on a hike with my son and his son. I will go back to my house Wednesday. I will have a few weeks to get some stuff done around the house before chemo starts.

Today I had some throbbing pain at my right rib area. It would come and go and does not hurt now. I have never had bone mets before. Bone met pain is not intermittent, is it? It does not hurt now. I did not get worried about it, I just got a little depressed thinking what if bone mets. I would like to get off this cancer go round for a while.

Don M

Sure can understand about the cancer go round. I am already pretty down about everything,expecially today for some reason. Anyways, enjoy your walk as best that you can and know that you are in my thoughts. I imagine that pain has something to do with the radiation, not that I know very much about it. How did it go for you? Take Care, Patty

Over Hill over dale together we hit the dusty trail!! happy dead tumour day and be careful hiking up there. Don't eat the yellow snow and all that advice. Be safe and have fun you deserve it!!!!

Happy "dead tumor day" Don! If anyone can get off this cancer go round, it's you -- your knowledge and persistence have been amazing.

Enjoy your hike. Will you be doing chemo at WWO then (since you're coming home)? If so, maybe I'll see you again this summer sometime.....

Hugs,

Linda

Hi Don,

During my searches all weekend about liver cysts, I read that they can cause pain and discomfort if they grow large enough.

Just a thought, but you said you had them, and the location seems right. Maybe that's something to check out?

Congratulations on finishing your treatment! I hope you have smooth sailing with the alimta.

Cindy

So glad that you've finished another 'bout' with this wicked disease.........and glad to celebrate 'dead tumor' day with ya. Not sure what to say about that pain, other than if it causing you trouble ~ mental or physical ~ get it checked out. I am with you about getting off the cancer-go-round! Not a fun ride to be on, is it? I'm happy for you Don. Keep us posted about that pain.

Kasey

Thanks for your comments and support everybody. My "rib" pain went a way and stayed gone. I am going to forget about it.

I had a nice walk with my son and grandson. We went to Snoqualamie Falls, East of Seattle, and took pictures and video and walked down to the river. It was steep coming out, but I just walked slowly and puffed up the hill. It was not very far, maybe half a mile down and half a mile back up, but I still got a workout. My son got a workout too because he toted his son and a small pack.

Don M