Mom of 3 (diagnosed last week)

ursol

Judging by the number of responses you can see we

ALL understand how you feel. We've either been there or are there, it is part of the process.

You are headed down a rough but doable road in your life.

You will see your little one hit her first birthday, you WILL be there.

Keep a pad and pencil near you at all times so you can jot down all of the tons of questions that will be popping into your head all day long. Take that with you to every doctor appointment and be sure to jot down the answers. I can't tell you how many times I got home and forgot what the doctor said because I was so nervous it didn't sink in. Better yet, be sure someone is with you for every appointment.

I won't rattle on, just know this stuff can be beat, just start reading profiles and you will feel better.

Definitely get on some medication for anxiety and keep posting here, there is a ton of information and support here.

And remember, statistics mean nothing, again, read profiles.

God luck and keep us posted

Kathy

Hi, I was just reading your post and was amazed at our simularities. I am a 45 yr. old Mom from New Haven (ex smoker) diagnosed last November. I had surgery at Yale 8 weeks ago and am now supposively cancer free. I am doing 4 more rounds of chemo now for "insurance". I pretty much have been living every day in fear and have definately felt depression sinking in. I really feel for you and know what you are going through!!! Let me know if you would like to talk and I will send you my email address and phone number. Lee.