A bit sad...

MsC1210

Hi,

Well just when I thought that I had cried the last tears I possibly could, more surfaced. ugh.

My oldest son graduated from high school this past weekend. He and Brad had been so close, great buddies. It had been everyones hope that Brad would be here for this. Unfortunately that was just not meant to be I guess.

I spent the better part of last week fighting the overwhelming emotions, both of watching my son receive his awards and a scholarship and all the feelings of pride that those events brought forth. Then I realized there was something/someone missing. I know this is "normal" and that the grief does not just stop. I guess I was just really shocked at how much it still hurts.

It will be 6 months on June 10th, and that just does not seem possible at all.

Thanks so much for letting me vent. This site and my being able to try and help others through their own struggles has been so therapeutic. Thank you all for welcoming me and allowing me to be a part of this wonderful family.

Chris

Chris,

I feel your pain. I just went through that yesterday on what would have been my 36th wedding anniversary, my first alone. It's just 3 months since I lost my husband , but I couldn't believe the tears that came in downpours . The pain was so intense, as you have said. Everyone says that time will make it easier , but they also report that this will happen as things remind us how much they are missed. Congratulations on the graduation of your son. I know you must be so very proud of him. God Bless.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

big fuzzy towel out of the dryer for ya!! Glad you are ok as ok can be I know how you feel some days

Missing someone we love on special occasions can be really tough. I know how much you must have missed brad on this special day for you and your son. I just found out that I'm going to be a first time grandmother and my youngest son is getting married in November. I'm thrilled about both of these big events for our family but at the same time, am so very sad that Dennis won't be here with us to share the happiness. We just have to remember that our loved ones are with us, even if from a distance. Hugs to you......

Hi everyone and thank you SOOOO much for all of the love and support.

Yes I am beyond proud of my son and all that he has accomplished. He is hoping to go on to college now and earn his degree in engineering, due in part to Brad's influence.

Someone told me recently that looking at the pain as a reminder of how much the people we lose impacted our lives, and viewing it as a positive thing rather than a negative is a good way to cope. I must say, I cannot recall who told me that, but it is helping.

Again, thank you for being here for me, and for accepting me into this loving and wonderful family.

Love and hugs and prayers for all of us,

Chris