Sign in to follow this  
KatieB

LCSC Bash!! Part II

Those of you who are definitly coming to the LCSC Reunion BASH, please let me know as soon as possible. Pretty please!!

I'm putting together gift bags and memory books of those that will attend (they will be able to add BASH pictures to the back of the book) and I need to know who will be coming because I'd hate to leave someone out!!! :shock::shock: (You've been forwarned! :wink: )

I also need to know so I can plan the foods.

Here is the short list of confirmed RSVPs to date.

Katie, Rick, & Family

Don, Lucie, & Randy Wood

"Debi"

"Kasey" & "Fred"

"Kaffie"

"Geri" & Friend.

Wish I could! I would love to meet you all in person. Maybe in the future I can get to something...or even become an advocate up here...it seems as much of your "stuff" is south of me.

We have relay for life next week...amazing deal! Thanks for all you guys do!

If anyone needs the name of a reasonably priced, clean hotel, please PM me and I will send since I have researched the hotels in the area extensively. :shock: (after reading this over, this doesn't look good at all but I meant because I obsess over things and check EVERY little thing when traveling anywhere!)

I am going to Dallas on that Friday, so if anyone is worrying about transportation, etc - don't. Most of the hotels, including the one I picked, have shuttle service from the airport and I can also pick you up and/or bring you to Katies from the hotel, etc. so you don't even have to worry about renting a car. It's all in about a 15/20 minute radius.

So for all of you still trying to decide, come on down!!!!

Looks like I won't be able to come. I am meeting with my surgeon on Friday - everything is so up in the air right now. I so much wanted to "meet" all of you. Well.....next time.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Confirmed RSVP from "CindyRN" as well.

Come on guys! This is going to be much fun!!

Saturday July 1

Lung Cancer Support Community Reunion BASH!!

Location- Texas (Our place!).

Live Music, FOOD, and lots of time to meet and visit with other LCSC members.

There will be alot of members and this will be a great time!!

Anyone interested in coming, I can help with area travel information and will provide detailed directions to those that confirm they are coming.

Tina,

I bought tickets on priceline once. It actually turned out well. The way to get the cheapest ticket on priceline is to name the price you are willing to pay. When you do it that way though, you have NO say in what time the flight is only the date, or which airline you fly with. Plus there is no ticket refunds if you cancel or can't make the flight. For that reason I would recommend choosing to fly the day before the get together because the flight may be late in the evening. You actually have to provide your credit card information as part of the bid process, because if someone picks up your offered bid, it is binding and they bill you immediately.

Anyway, I went onto priceline.com and when given the option to choose one of their scheduled flights or put in my own price I chose the later option. At the time I was trying to get to New Orleans for a consultation for Keith. His appointment was Monday, but we decided as long as we were flying down there might as well see the town so I bid for a flight on Friday. The current airline prices for tickets was around $400 so I put in a price of $175. That actually came back with no one accepting that price. So I re-entered a bid for $200. With that I got tickets flying down on Friday with my flight leaving at 4:30 AM (boy was that a rough morning), I had 1 lay over which was an hour and a half and arrived at New Orleans around 11 AM; and the return flight was for Tuesday at 8:45 PM direct flight both on United. Overall, since I didn't care about arrival or departure time, it worked out great. Saved over 50%. It's worth a try, and the worst that can happen is that no one picks up your bid. And if that happens you can always bid again and again until you reach your maximum.

I really was surprised at getting tickets so low when everywhere else they were over double that. But it is all about who has empty seats.

Good luck!

Confirmed so far...

Katie, Rick, & Family

Don, Lucie, & Randy Wood

"Debi"

"Kasey" & "Fred"

"Kaffie"

"Geri" & Friend.

"jyoung20" and Family

"cindyRN"

"LynneH"

Katie, Rick, & Family

Don, Lucie, & Randy Wood

"Debi"

"Kasey" & "Fred"

"Kaffie"

"Geri" & Friend.

"jyoung20" and Family

"CindyRN"

"LynneH"

"SBETH"

Plenty of room for more members!! Come on down guys!!! We are so looking forward to it!

If anyone figures out a way to be in 2 places at once, please let me know! I'll be on a plane to Montana that day, but will be thinking of you all.

I can't believe Cindi's pub will be in action and I can't be there! :roll:

You're all going to have such a great time!

BeckyCW